OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XX - Neil Peart, drummer and primary lyricist for Rush, dead at 67

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Some people who got there early ended up not getting a slot because the system crashed and left guest services scrambling to get them slots which was funny to me because we saw a ton of empty cars.

I'm not a Star Wars fan but the experience was fantastic. I found the rides to be 7 out of 10.

It is clear that they are updating a ton of stuff so if anyone is thinking of going I would honestly wait another 1-3 years until everything is completed.

I'm ready to go put my feet in the hotel pool to relax them.
The Tea Cups still there ?

I had vertigo for a month after that

Reactions: Alicat

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Some people who got there early ended up not getting a slot because the system crashed and left guest services scrambling to get them slots which was funny to me because we saw a ton of empty cars.

I'm not a Star Wars fan but the experience was fantastic. I found the rides to be 7 out of 10.

It is clear that they are updating a ton of stuff so if anyone is thinking of going I would honestly wait another 1-3 years until everything is completed.

I'm ready to go put my feet in the hotel pool to relax them.
enjoy the time. I am already booked for another trip there next December. The place is always changing and adding more. There will be at least three new rides that should open between when I went a couple weeks ago and when I go next year.

They changed the process when I was there. the ride opened like 3 days before I got there. The first day I went and got to the park they said they will make an announcement at 7:45 and at that time we could try and get a boarding pass. Well we checked at 7:20 and it was open so we got boarding group 8 that day. they made the announcement at 7:45 and it was sold out by 8:00 for the day.

they then changed it so the second day we went there your entire group had to scan into the park and could try and get a boarding group right away at that point. We got group 24 that day.

the first day the ride broke down when we were in line and we sat in the line for about an hour and a half. they came through giving out water and snacks to us while we waited. They seem to have worked out a lot of the issues because they were only getting through about 80 boarding groups a day while i was there now it is more like 140 a day.

I thought the rides were great and as a star wars fan I really enjoyed them and can't wait to go and do them again.

Reactions: Fenway and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
enjoy the time. I am already booked for another trip there next December. The place is always changing and adding more. There will be at least three new rides that should open between when I went a couple weeks ago and when I go next year.

They changed the process when I was there. the ride opened like 3 days before I got there. The first day I went and got to the park they said they will make an announcement at 7:45 and at that time we could try and get a boarding pass. Well we checked at 7:20 and it was open so we got boarding group 8 that day. they made the announcement at 7:45 and it was sold out by 8:00 for the day.

they then changed it so the second day we went there your entire group had to scan into the park and could try and get a boarding group right away at that point. We got group 24 that day.

the first day the ride broke down when we were in line and we sat in the line for about an hour and a half. they came through giving out water and snacks to us while we waited. They seem to have worked out a lot of the issues because they were only getting through about 80 boarding groups a day while i was there now it is more like 140 a day.

I thought the rides were great and as a star wars fan I really enjoyed them and can't wait to go and do them again.
I probably won't go back for another year or 2 but it's been really fun so far.

They did 181 groups yesterday and by 8:30 they had already done at least 30.

We go to Animal Kingdom tomorrow which is what I've been looking forward to for a year now lol.

Reactions: Fenway

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I probably won't go back for another year or 2 but it's been really fun so far.

They did 181 groups yesterday and by 8:30 they had already done at least 30.

We go to Animal Kingdom tomorrow which is what I've been looking forward to for a year now lol.

walk through pandora after dark in Animal Kingdom it is amazing to see. And make sure to do Dinosaur its a fun ride. Two years ago it broke down when we were on it and we got to walk through the entire thing to get out which was amazing to see. it was like getting a paid tour of how the ride worked.

Reactions: Alicat

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Just watched Die Hard and 0.0 this is a Christmas movie

great great movie but laughable this is debated as a Christmas movie

what’s the message ?

um don’t **** with Bruce Willis ?

Christmas Story
Elf
Trading Places
Bad Santa
It’s A Wonderful Life
The Muppets Christmas

all Christmas movies on a significant level

Die Hard is absolutely a Christmas movie. The message is a love story. Bruce Willis' character realizes his mistakes he made during his marriage and admits them to Al, and that she was the best part of his life. Pretty much It's a Wonderful Life minus the wings...

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Die Hard is absolutely a Christmas movie. The message is a love story. Bruce Willis' character realizes his mistakes he made during his marriage and admits them to Al, and that she was the best part of his life. Pretty much It's a Wonderful Life minus the wings...
It’s as much a Christmas story as Slap Shot with the Hansen Brothers getting Christmas toys

are you serious ?
Christmas story - too funny

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
EMuSgYVXkAAy-tF

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Blah, I have the crud. Scratchy throat yesterday, raised temp last night, sore throat, headache and stuffy nose this morning. Ugggggghhhhhh.

My brother and his two kids get here today and all I feel like doing is crawling back in bed.

13oAIJjaKPhf3y.gif

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Over the last few days I’ve received emails of suspicious logins on several of my accounts. This morning at 2am i apparently ordered a $5 g string on eBay. Luckily eBay flagged it and cancelled everything. I have been changing passwords left and right all week, removing my banking info everywhere, setting up 2 factor auths, and it’s getting to be exhausting.

Reactions: Chief Nine and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Over the last few days I’ve received emails of suspicious logins on several of my accounts. This morning at 2am i apparently ordered a $5 g string on eBay. Luckily eBay flagged it and cancelled everything. I have been changing passwords left and right all week, removing my banking info everywhere, setting up 2 factor auths, and it’s getting to be exhausting.

Who buys G strings on eBay? That’s the real crime here

That really does suck though, I hope you can resolve everything soon

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Went through that last week. Some guy in Florida setup a nice new iPhone Pro Plus for himself by going into a store and using my information. Major hassle :madfire:

Reactions: TD Charlie

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I think the real issue here is that you were on eBay at 2am, and really, what kind of quality g string can you honestly expect for $5 bucks, Charlie? :naughty:

Reactions: Chief Nine

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Went through that last week. Some guy in Florida setup a nice new iPhone Pro Plus for himself by going into a store and using my information. Major hassle :madfire:

We just had someone clone my wife's bank card and use it at a Walmart in Walpole 2-3 weeks ago. Spent just under $300.00, but the bank flagged the activity as suspicious so we caught it very early. Called the store and they said they had the video of the person who did it, and that they'd provide it over to the police for us. Our bank took care of everything and credited our account back the money.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
We just had someone clone my wife's bank card and use it at a Walmart in Walpole 2-3 weeks ago. Spent just under $300.00, but the bank flagged the activity as suspicious so we caught it very early. Called the store and they said they had the video of the person who did it, and that they'd provide it over to the police for us. Our bank took care of everything and credited our account back the money.

Yeah I got notices from Xfinity that someone bought a phone but it was right before Christmas on the 17th and I thought my daughter might have bought a present. Then I realized that I don't have Xfinity Mobile, so that was the beginning. End of the story is they fixed it for me but I had to file a fraud report and all the fun that goes with that

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yeah I got notices from Xfinity that someone bought a phone but it was right before Christmas on the 17th and I thought my daughter might have bought a present. Then I realized that I don't have Xfinity Mobile, so that was the beginning. End of the story is they fixed it for me but I had to file a fraud report and all the fun that goes with that

It's crazy how easy identity theft is these days. Scary times.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
It's crazy how easy identity theft is these days. Scary times.

I was shocked but I guess like you say, it's easy I guess. I found out afterward that my identity was breached in that Equifax BS. I guess I'm lucky that this is all that happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad