OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XX - Neil Peart, drummer and primary lyricist for Rush, dead at 67

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I would rather be in Newark than this city

upload_2019-12-30_22-59-21.png

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
One of our local police officers was killed chasing a suspect tonight on I-65.

Edit: he was a Navy vet and had a wife and three year old daughter. They caught the guys he was chasing, they had four outstanding warrants. A woman hit the officer with her vehicle as he was chasing the suspect across the interstate on foot.

:cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Did you try the onion rings?

People from out of state rave about Whataburger, but I guess since I've been around them most of my life, they aren't that big of a deal to me.

We've actually had many of the California chains opening here recently, including Carl's Jr. and In and Out.

I seem to recall there was speculation about this game taking place in Jerry Jones' playpen, but it couldn't in case the Cowboys had a home playoff game. Which obviously didn't happen!

The Dallas Stars' game day experience is excellent, and I bet they do a great job hosting this.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Sounds like Nashville is going to be well represented by their fans. Should be a good environment

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

He's a good kid - he just screwed up

The word “just” should never be used when someone makes a selfish decision that results in an innocent loss of life.

he might be a good kid but he made a terrible choice.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
also not sure how a "good kid" does cocaine and drinks at a Christmas party and drives.

he might be a good kid that made a bad decision to drink and do coke. I don’t think individual choices define a person, but it shouldn’t be minimized either.

by that definition, my mother and basically everyone that grew up in the 70s experimenting with drugs and driving around with open containers are bad people. I try to judge the action not the person in most cases.

that said, his choice shouldn’t be minimized by using the word “just”. It’s not “just” a bad decision. He made a terrible, tragic, selfish and life altering decision.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
also not sure how a "good kid" does cocaine and drinks at a Christmas party and drives.

5 Investigates has learned that a 41-year-old man who worked for Hi-Way Safety Systems died after emergency crews responded to a Rockland hotel Sunday morning.

Sources told 5 Investigates that man had also been at the company's Christmas party, may have ingested drugs and was involved in a fight. The exact cause of his death is under investigation, while an attorney for Hi-Way Safety Systems told WCVB the company is still gathering information about both incidents.

Source

Sounds like this company needs its contract reviewed with the State.

Reactions: LouJersey

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
@Alicat - It never gets easier.
This past Dec. 21st is was 25 years exactly for my dad. Part of the reason for our trip to the East this past week was for me to visit his grave.

Sadness remains, but it's different. Grief doesnt ever "end", it just morphs and finds a place where it can live in you. (thats acceptance)
I just welcomed it and tried to feel the gratitude for who he was and what he taught me.
The spot where hes buried on the North Shore is so beautiful and the wind always says a little hello to me when I'm there. <3

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Got this book as a Christmas gift from my husband. Off work today until Monday and looking forward to diving in.

I’m going to write a book like this one day.

123D2F91-B26A-43DA-976E-162F1780BE3D.jpeg

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
What FRANCHISES have the best established canon?

This includes film, television, comic, and video game franchises with multiple installments.

Let’s set the minimum bar at a trilogy or multiple seasons in the case of a TV show.

What we’re looking for here is consistency in terms of character development and plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad