OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVIII - Treat or Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I just had oysters and cocktails at a restaurant across from the beautiful church that Dylann Roof shot up several years ago.

very strange.

Beautiful church.

B4010C7D-A64E-4DA0-8B0A-FA80A3A81742.jpeg

Reactions: rfournier103

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Not that I know of - he’s my cousin and and was with him a few days this week. (Huge Huge Bruins fan)

those donuts are amazing

my daughter went thru and was terrified - heck I go through before it starts to check things and it creeps me out
apple cider donuts. Oh jesus, Lord.

Reactions: Alicat

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Yup incredible

I get them right out into cinnamon

I'd never had cider donuts before (not a thing here in Oz) until a couple of years ago when my wife and I were up in Vermont and we got some at a cider mill. Absolutely amazing - easily the best donuts we've ever had! Washed down with the cider made on site, even better :snide:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I have finally eaten the Popeyes sandwich. It is good, but not the life changing experience i was told it should be.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I have finally eaten the Popeyes sandwich. It is good, but not the life changing experience i was told it should be.

I think the same thing every time I'm at the mall and see a line of 20+ people for Chick Fil A and no lines for the other places......I just don't get it. Good, but nothing special IMO.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
How do you rank it compared to KFC, Wendy's spicy chicken, and Chick-fil-a?

ive never had chick fil a. For the bigger, non dollar menu chicken sandwiches, i order them as:

Popeyes
Wendy’s
Kfc
BK
McDonald’s

Popeyes and Wendy’s are closer than i expected, but they are two completely different beasts. Wendy’s uses lettuce, tomato, and mayo where Popeyes is just spicy mayo and pickles.

The kfc version is delightful but not crispy enough, but if i recall they do offer it with a side and a drink for $5. Popeyes with a side and drink was 7.50

edit: i should also mention that the Wendy’s number 6 is an iconic fast food option in my eyes. I don’t think this Popeyes sandwich will ever touch the status of the Wendy’s sandwich, but i think it’s slightly better.

Reactions: LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad