OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVII - Fall is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I'm holding the space for you, that's really sad.
I have been on both sides of the fence with abundance.... and lack.

I believe it is all in where you choose to put your energy. Pursuit or contentment.

Its one of the reasons I dont stay past my shift at work. I tell coworkers all the time I dont want to spend my life in a warehouse. I also have other jobs and other stuff to do. I dont stay on Sundays even tho its time and a half because my family and I usually have family dinner and with both my parents being 68 and 69 how many more years do they really have? 20 MAYBE?

Sad she was telling me how she was planning on going to Dubai for vacation and wanted to transfer soon to a smaller warehouse in mexico where her family was originally from.

Reactions: Kovi

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
A friend of mine just got back from traveling throughout Mexico on business. They were in line at the airport and a man in front of them was giving the ticket agent an unmercifully hard time. She was very calm and he finally went on his way. My friend then apologized to the ticket agent that she had to deal with the jerk. She smiled and said "that's okay. He's flying to Dallas but his luggage is headed to Tokyo."

:biglaugh:

I love it!!! :biglaugh:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

A Boston man disarmed a robber on a train in Chicago on Sunday before running in the city’s marathon.

Jean Paul LaPierre, 54, was on a CTA Blue Line train when he stepped off and asked another commuter why marathoners seemed to be rushing for the doors, WGN-TV reported.

He said he was told there was another man on the train robbing commuters.

LaPierre got back on the train and confronted the robber. Video captured of the incident shows LaPierre struggling with the man and pulling a gun from his hands.

“I’m a boxer. I’ll break your head in one punch,” he said in the video.

Reactions: rfournier103

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Had teeth scaling done this morning and I never ever want to get Novocaine in the front of my mouth ever again. It felt like my sinuses and nose were on fire. It made tear up and then shake for a good 15 minutes.

I was surprised but very happy that they only do half your teeth at a time.

Lesson learned. Don't skip the dentist.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
A friend of mine just got back from traveling throughout Mexico on business. They were in line at the airport and a man in front of them was giving the ticket agent an unmercifully hard time. She was very calm and he finally went on his way. My friend then apologized to the ticket agent that she had to deal with the jerk. She smiled and said "that's okay. He's flying to Dallas but his luggage is headed to Tokyo."

:biglaugh:
I still haven't gotten my luggage!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Had teeth scaling done this morning and I never ever want to get Novocaine in the front of my mouth ever again. It felt like my sinuses and nose were on fire. It made tear up and then shake for a good 15 minutes.

I was surprised but very happy that they only do half your teeth at a time.

Lesson learned. Don't skip the dentist.
I once fell and split my head open right between my eyebrows. The nurse told me they would give me a shot above the eyebrow to numb the area so they could stitch it up. She said "it might sting a little, you can hold my hand and squeeze if you need to." I thought, ha ha, how bad could it be?

Oh. My. Word. Felt like they shot a flamethrower right across my face. :help:

That was quite unpleasant.

Reactions: Alicat and BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I once fell and split my head open right between my eyebrows. The nurse told me they would give me a shot above the eyebrow to numb the area so they could stitch it up. She said "it might sting a little, you can hold my hand and squeeze if you need to." I thought, ha ha, how bad could it be?

Oh. My. Word. Felt like they shot a flamethrower right across my face. :help:

That was quite unpleasant.

A flamethrower is exactly how it felt. At least now I know what to expect in December when I have the other side done.

I'm more concerned now about how much I shook after she had done it. It was quite unnerving

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My picture window facing downtown just shattered because of wind :help:

I was about to say that this software upgrade I’m assisting in has been a disaster due to overloaded emergency departments from the storm, but the windows in the house haven’t shattered. Yikes that’s intense

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
On Saturday Ireland will play the biggest rugby game in our history, a world cup quarter final against the New Zealand All Blacks. Ireland have never gone beyond the quarter final stage in a world cup and to do so this time we will need to beat the greatest team in world. It will take something extraordinary special for us to beat them but here's hoping.

The other quarters see Australia V England (good luck in that one @Aussie Bruin), France V Wales and Japan V South Africa.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
On Saturday Ireland will play the biggest rugby game in our history, a world cup quarter final against the New Zealand All Blacks. Ireland have never gone beyond the quarter final stage in a world cup and to do so this time we will need to beat the greatest team in world. It will take something extraordinary special for us to beat them but here's hoping.

The other quarters see Australia V England (good luck in that one @Aussie Bruin), France V Wales and Japan V South Africa.
There's always a first time. Enjoy the game.

Reactions: IrishBruinsFan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Glad you and the cats are ok!

No windows blown out where I am but there are a ton of branches down and it is raining acorns.

Route 9 looked like someone had cut up the leaves and then sprayed them over everything with a paint gun.

There was very little traffic on 128 and Rt 9 even at 8am.

Reactions: Fenway

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I have 4 massive branches in my backyard that broke off. Heard one of them last night, and it woke me up.

Can't do anything about the actual trees they are on the conservation land behind my house. Just waiting for one of them to eventually fall into the bedroom :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad