OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVII - Fall is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
So yea, I'm that cord cutter from before, just even trimmed back my speed to save 20$ a month.

Was perfectly happy and then I get this in my email?

5G7P20a.jpg

Uhm thanks and all but I'de rather just have a more reasonably priced plan and I'm still leaving you the second RDS has fiber on my block.

Edit: and sure enough, just tested, rebooted router and tested again, they are not lying

up6Ktzb.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chief Nine

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Two out of four locations running on generator power, one of them my primary data center, the other my IT offices. Have been tasked with disaster recovery in case we need to shut down. Going to be a long day!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Anyone have experience with skin cancer they’d be willing to share ? I have to get a biopsy done on the 30th and am curious

Thankfully I have no experience with skin cancer but I did have tumors removed from my skull. The test itself isn't a big procedure but waiting for the results to come back is!

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Two out of four locations running on generator power, one of them my primary data center, the other my IT offices. Have been tasked with disaster recovery in case we need to shut down. Going to be a long day!

Good luck!

Reactions: jgatie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Anyone have experience with skin cancer they’d be willing to share ? I have to get a biopsy done on the 30th and am curious

Disclaimer: i have never had skin cancer

Years ago i mentioned odd looking marks on my forearms to my doc. He takes one look and says “oh it’s skin cancer.” Very non Chalant. So i book a derm appointment immediately to get it checked out. They scrape and cauterize and whatnot. The doc says he’s almost certain it’s just some sort of auto immune thing happening and I’ll be fine. They’d call me within the week of tests showed anything else. Never heard back.

I’ve had this done on two separate occasions. One was a scrape, the other was more of a lance. Both times turned out just fine.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Disclaimer: i have never had skin cancer

Years ago i mentioned odd looking marks on my forearms to my doc. He takes one look and says “oh it’s skin cancer.” Very non Chalant. So i book a derm appointment immediately to get it checked out. They scrape and cauterize and whatnot. The doc says he’s almost certain it’s just some sort of auto immune thing happening and I’ll be fine. They’d call me within the week of tests showed anything else. Never heard back.

I’ve had this done on two separate occasions. One was a scrape, the other was more of a lance. Both times turned out just fine.

Very nice of that doctor to scare the crap out of you so nonchalantly o_O

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I was pissed. When i went back and saw him again he downplayed it too. Something like “well i told you they’d just lance it off and you’d be fine.” I remember saying to him “You never lead with OH ITS SKIN CANCER.”

Luckily he was wrong.

Seriously I don't blame you at all. I hope you replaced that guy. That's a serious lack of what they call "bedside manner"

Geez

Reactions: BMC and TD Charlie

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
On Saturday Ireland will play the biggest rugby game in our history, a world cup quarter final against the New Zealand All Blacks. Ireland have never gone beyond the quarter final stage in a world cup and to do so this time we will need to beat the greatest team in world. It will take something extraordinary special for us to beat them but here's hoping.

The other quarters see Australia V England (good luck in that one @Aussie Bruin), France V Wales and Japan V South Africa.

Thanks, you too! We seem to be playing our respective no. 1 rivals, although England is a close 2nd for us. This All Blacks team isn't quite as strong as the ones from the past 10 years or so - they are beatable. Still very tough, but I think there's a small chance. Hope your boys take it to 'em!

The Wallabies just need to play better than we have been. We can match it with England, but we need to play a consistent 80 mins rather than the bits and pieces we've been delivering.

Reactions: IrishBruinsFan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Managed to get my cable bill down $80 by getting rid of the cable I had in the large "storage" room in my apartment that I was using as a bedroom. Was also able to add higher internet so for $188/month I have my DVR that records 4 shows at once and the 100mbs internet.

Was only going to save an extra $25 if I went with Fubo TV and the 1 gig plan.

Amazing what deals they have when you threaten to cancel

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Managed to get my cable bill down $80 by getting rid of the cable I had in the large "storage" room in my apartment that I was using as a bedroom. Was also able to add higher internet so for $188/month I have my DVR that records 4 shows at once and the 100mbs internet.

With Xfinity the secret in Boston is to call between 9-5 on weekdays and tell the first agent you need to speak to retention.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

If they know you have options,they'll deal. In Pembroke,there are no options and they will not deal. People cancel and start new under another family member's name for big savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad