OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVII - Fall is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
If they know you have options,they'll deal. In Pembroke,there are no options and they will not deal. People cancel and start new under another family member's name for big savings.
Crazy that Pembroke doesn't have options. I'm in Abington, and I think we have 3 choices?

My wife is a stone cold killer with FIOS getting them to deal, because we can easily switch to Comcast if we wanted.

It's actually hilarious to listen to.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Got the ducts cleaned in our new house today. I think about five cats came out, probably a half kitchen trash bag worth or fur and dust.

I was skeptical but it worked really well. Probably a once in 30 years expense though, not the every few year like they market.

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Server says enjoy - the cook hates all things Boston :help:

upload_2019-10-18_19-36-39.png

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Was at the garden to watch the fights tonight

Joe Lauzon getting a finish in the first round is gonna stick with me for awhile. What an atmosphere

Reactions: LSCII and Fenway

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Crazy that Pembroke doesn't have options. I'm in Abington, and I think we have 3 choices?

My wife is a stone cold killer with FIOS getting them to deal, because we can easily switch to Comcast if we wanted.

It's actually hilarious to listen to.
10% of Pembroke (Hanover side) has FIOS,the rest of Pembroke is Comcast only. Verizon will not install any more FIOS due to expense and its aging technology. The amount of complaints about Comcast originating in Pembroke is huge. I'm sure Pembroke leads the state in decabling.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Was at the garden to watch the fights tonight

Joe Lauzon getting a finish in the first round is gonna stick with me for awhile. What an atmosphere

Charles Rosa won as well. Love seeing the local kids come back and dominate in front of their hometown.

Reactions: CDJ

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Random thought:

As a person who makes a living doing technical support for software, I hate the word glitch.

But the reason why is not what you might think

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
10% of Pembroke (Hanover side) has FIOS,the rest of Pembroke is Comcast only. Verizon will not install any more FIOS due to expense and its aging technology. The amount of complaints about Comcast originating in Pembroke is huge. I'm sure Pembroke leads the state in decabling.
Interesting, and unfortunate.

I will say, the one thing I miss about Comcast is their ondemand selection. FIOS's is terrible.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
On Saturday Ireland will play the biggest rugby game in our history, a world cup quarter final against the New Zealand All Blacks. Ireland have never gone beyond the quarter final stage in a world cup and to do so this time we will need to beat the greatest team in world. It will take something extraordinary special for us to beat them but here's hoping.

The other quarters see Australia V England (good luck in that one @Aussie Bruin), France V Wales and Japan V South Africa.

Well alas both our teams were terrible. The Wallabies reaped what they sowed in 4 years of mismanagement, complacency and bad coaching, I think Ireland just ran into the unstoppable tide of a fired up All Blacks.

Would like to see Wales make the final. They've got a strong team at the moment and are definitely on the easier side of the draw.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Spent the day with my sister and the kids fall cleaning mom's house & yard. Great to spend time with the entire family, it doesn't happen much now that the kids are grown.

Reactions: Chief Nine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad