OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVII - Fall is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Did you go with the realID or just a regular license?
Regular license. $50. I can get the real ID for $25 more

I have a paper copy that is good for another week but I'm starting to run into issues at the pharmacy due to no barcode and I can't buy wine.

Reactions: LSCII

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Nice! Last winter, we made a meringue pie from the tangelos from the tree in our yard. The meringue turned out great, but the filling never really set up. But with the new big kitchen, and hosting holidays, we have reason to cook a lot more, which is nice. Might have to try our hands at an apple pie sometime soon. For the apples, of course. Apples are fruit, so apple pie is basically health food, right?
No time like the present....or Saturday :)

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Man has to eat

upload_2019-10-9_13-16-16.png

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Nice! Last winter, we made a meringue pie from the tangelos from the tree in our yard. The meringue turned out great, but the filling never really set up. But with the new big kitchen, and hosting holidays, we have reason to cook a lot more, which is nice. Might have to try our hands at an apple pie sometime soon. For the apples, of course. Apples are fruit, so apple pie is basically health food, right?
You can convince yourself of anything, don't question it. Have faith.:D

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
A month or so ago I mentioned here I had begun my search for information on my biological mother/father being a child who was placed for adoption. Not a ton to report but I now have my original birth certificate with both of their names on it but unfortunately, from what I was told my mother was attempting to get a divorce and her last name is likely different now from what it was then if she is still alive (she`d be 72).

My name has now been entered on the Ontario Adoption registry and if any of my 3 half siblings, mother or father are also on there as being open to contact we can do so but who knows. All out of my hands but I have all my medical history which is valuable and I got to know a ton about my mother and the difficult situation which led her to make the tough decision to put me up for adoption which was sad but also touching to read about

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Grilling yes, but smoking no. Too hard to regulate the temp of a charcoal smoker in the cold. If I had an electric or gas one, sure. And I know some die hard guys that buy welding jackets and put them over their charcoal smokers during the winter, but no. That's not for me.
Even when it's humid outside controlling the coals has it's challenges when smoking.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I'm a Masshole who can drive in any situation, but I thought I was going to die on the Garden State Parkway visiting friends on the Jersey Shore. To say those people drive like idiots is an understatement...

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad