OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVII - Fall is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
@Chief Nine We need an a-la-carte system for choosing what we want to pay for. The music channels are now gone as well. :cry:

I am in a Catch 22 as in Cambridge Xfinity is the only game in town as the city will not allow RCN or FiOS in.

I’m in Lowell and it’s pretty much the same here.

Been saying that for years Fen about ala carte. But until a huge number of old school cable customers like us finally say “that’s it!” they’ll keep doing this.

Funny thing is, all of us were brought up by parents who all said the same thing:

“No way we’re paying for TV”

Then they eventually all got cable and we grew up on it

Reactions: Strafer

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Saw Once Upon A Time In Hollywood last week and Joker today

Any other good recommendations

Everett Mike - did you review the Joker ? I know you did the trailer stuff but not sure about movie

In deference to my wife,I went to see Judy last weekend. Zellweger was excellent,Garland was a train wreck and Mayer of Goldwyn/Mayer would be in prison in today's world.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I’m in Lowell and it’s pretty much the same here.

Been saying that for years Fen about ala carte. But until a huge number of old school cable customers like us finally say “that’s it!” they’ll keep doing this.

Funny thing is, all of us were brought up by parents who all said the same thing:

“No way we’re paying for TV”

Then they eventually all got cable and we grew up on it
:laugh: When I was a kid (early 2000s) it was "I'm not paying for cable/high speed internet!"

And they caved too. :laugh:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
If I could find a platform that guaranteed access to every Patriots, Bruins, and Red Sox game (regular season and playoffs), I’d kick Comcast to the curb tomorrow.

If I wasn’t a sports fan, we would have fired Comcast years ago.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
If I could find a platform that guaranteed access to every Patriots, Bruins, and Red Sox game (regular season and playoffs), I’d kick Comcast to the curb tomorrow.

TCM is a big one for me because I love the old movies. And they know that the demographic who watches TCM will probably bite the bullet or work yet another deal out and stay with them.

The problem with me with just going internet only is I get frustrated when trying to figure out how I can get this and get that and that’s how Comcast wins. I have to make sure my family gets what they watch too.

This is why people give up and stick with them and they know it.

But this was really low telling people that it was all TCM wanting more money and poor Comcast Tried all they could but in the end they just couldn’t do anything but put them in another tier. :shakehead

I know when I call them they’ll throw another one year deal at me and it’ll be good enough to take.

Then it starts all over again when they pull another crappy move or that deal expires

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's a beautiful fall day peeps, get out and do something nice for your community. Make a difference.

my daily act of kindness will also seem kind of gross to some here but I take that pup you see in the picture for a walk every day down a path that leads to a public school and far too often on the side of that path, other pet owner`s who don`t care about doing their part leave their dogs "gifts" along the grassy part that runs down both sides of the path. I usually take some extra baggies to try to pick up some of that mess. The thought that some of those young kids playing as they go to or from school and stepping in it infuriates me.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

youtube tv has this. $50 a month.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
youtube tv has this. $50 a month.

Are you using that now in place of cable? I’m trying it for their 5 day trial. Looks pretty good so far, but then it’s a question of how much does Comcast charge for internet fast enough to stream on all our tvs etc

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
no. i stream spectrum tv from a roku ans smart tv. i think just internet is $45 a month from my provider the first 2 years. tgen it goes to $65. tgars foe 100 mbps no data caps

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
i-PV2HKSV-L.jpg

80 degrees and beautiful last night in AZ. We sat outside under the pergola for a while. So pretty.

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
amazing to think most families spend 500 bucks a month on cell phone and cable/internet these days. I've cut back a bit and my kids pay their own share, but man that's a pretty big expense.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Wow, that could have ended badly. Glad the pilot made it safely and no one was hurt.

Reactions: BMC

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Wow, that could have ended badly. Glad the pilot made it safely and no one was hurt.

Talk about a soft sell with the word “fell”.

That makes it sound like the aircraft nestled softly into a field of grass and nary a blade was disturbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad