OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVI - Hockey Is Coming!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Now I’m hungry. Well, I’m always hungry. It’s worse now.

The food and beverage contract here switched over to Pepsi as of this week. So my sugar intake should go way down. That means i can eat even worse than before right? No coke means my poor choices can switch to lunch.

Reactions: BMC

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don't like Oreos. I prefer home made cookies. The only store bought ones I love are the windmill cookies that are great for dipping in tea.

I only like oreos in my ice cream.

On the subject of cookies, is there anything worse than grabbing a homemade chocolate chip cookie only to bite into it and discover it's actually a raisin oatmeal cookie?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

On the subject of cookies, is there anything worse than grabbing a homemade chocolate chip cookie only to bite into it and discover it's actually a raisin oatmeal cookie?
:laugh: A kind neighbor did some shoveling of snow for me and I told him I would bake him some cookies...He wanted Oatmeal/ raisin. I had to look up the recipe. The guys who work for the b's like hermits.

Reactions: LSCII

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

thumb_while-making-christmas-cookies-for-my-friends-this-year-im-44110817.png

Reactions: Strafer and LSCII

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
might be an unpopular opinion given where its popular, but poutine is probably my favorite food

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

How about quickly grabbing some yummy-looking scones from the grocery store bakery that are clearly marked "chocolate chip scones", and getting home to find normal raisin scones?

FYI, my stance on potatoes is: blah. I don't hate them, I don't like them....they just kind of taste like nothing. Fries are a good vehicle for ketchup/BBQ sauce delivery, and not much else. If they were recategorized as a health food with negative calories, I'd gladly gobble them up, but I'd rather spend my calories on food I actually like.

Now, pizza? That you'll have to pry from my cold, dead, greasy hands.

Reactions: Strafer and LSCII

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Happened at lunch. Ordered a bagel and a chocolate chip cookie. When I bit into it it was oatmeal raisin. I know the bitch heard me say chocolate chip

Reactions: LSCII and BMC

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I've recently ramped up my diet. All this cookie talk is killing me.

I also had food poisoning on Saturday night, and on Monday started with a bad case of hives. Not sure if the two things are related, but damn does this suck right now. Hungry AND itchy.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I've recently ramped up my diet. All this cookie talk is killing me.

I also had food poisoning on Saturday night, and on Monday started with a bad case of hives. Not sure if the two things are related, but damn does this suck right now. Hungry AND itchy.
Oh that is not fun. I hope you will be felling better soon

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Curious about your opinion. I think Pat's and Geno's are both overrated. Steve's Prince of Steaks and Jim's are both better (at least the Jim's I had). And Abner's never disappointed, though often it was after a night out in college, so taste buds may have been "altered". I did go to Abner's a couple times in the past few years, and it was as good as I remember.

Pat's and Geno's do have the sideshow effect.

This place is always jammed

45560351_mn3mAbUJGL_pFwij_ial8gHvhagTHRa-6VNjzZDRSr8.jpg

Reactions: Spooner st

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Pat's and Geno's do have the sideshow effect.

This place is always jammed

45560351_mn3mAbUJGL_pFwij_ial8gHvhagTHRa-6VNjzZDRSr8.jpg

The problem with Pat's and Geno's is that they're way out of the way of anything else. They're a tourist stop in their own right. In Center City, you can get to Steve's pretty easily. In Old City there's Sonny's (which is underrated). In South Philly near the stadiums you can get Tony Luke's. But like there's like nothing near Pat's and Geno's, which is in between. I don't get how they became so synonymous with cheesesteaks...probably all marketing and a fake rivalry that they drummed up in the media (fun fact: the owners of Pat's, Geno's, and Tony Luke's all live in the same building and are friends. They also have a gentlemen's agreement to maintain the same prices on steaks.)

Reactions: Spooner st
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad