OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XVI - Hockey Is Coming!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
We need to create an HFBruins Cookie Cookbook or collection of some sort. Or at least send me pictures so I have different ones to post on game days. :)

Reactions: Alicat

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Just got home (Toronto) couldn't make it to Dalessandro's, but I will next time.
Timing was perfect for my go to that never fails me.
Sonny's was fantastic per usual. Almost as good as the Schwartz smoke meat in Montreal on my way to Portland Maine.

I drove through Portland yesterday. What a depressing place that’s become

Reactions: Spooner st

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
What part? I was in Portland a few weeks ago and I loved it.

I went to Portland last year for the first time, for the most part I enjoyed it except for the part when I witnessed a homeless man in broad daylight pleasuring himself. Most jaw dropping thing I've ever seen.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Wife and I went to Portland last year and found it amazing. Holy Donuts, where all the donuts are made with potato flour, was one of the best donuts I’ve ever had. And they have ice coffee where the ice cubes are made from coffee so when they melt it’s still coffee instead of it getting watered down.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Wife and I went to Portland last year and found it amazing. Holy Donuts, where all the donuts are made with potato flour, was one of the best donuts I’ve ever had. And they have ice coffee where the ice cubes are made from coffee so when they melt it’s still coffee instead of it getting watered down.

For anyone who has not been to Portland and is thinking about going there I would like to counter this by saying Holy Donuts was one of the worst donuts I've ever had.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
For anyone who has not been to Portland and is thinking about going there I would like to counter this by saying Holy Donuts was one of the worst donuts I've ever had.

I was very disappointed by them. Give me Kanes all day every day.

Reactions: Seidenbergy

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I've recently ramped up my diet. All this cookie talk is killing me.

I also had food poisoning on Saturday night, and on Monday started with a bad case of hives. Not sure if the two things are related, but damn does this suck right now. Hungry AND itchy.
they have drs for times like these.

just sayin, ombre. ;)

Reactions: BMC

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
so...have been thinking about doing this for quite some time but I wanted to make sure I was in the proper emotional and spiritual state to do so.

I was put up for adoption in 1969 and while being adopted was never a secret in our house, the information Mum and Dad showed both my sister(also adopted) and I was terribly limited in it`s scope. From what I understand, the amount of information an adopting parent now receives pales in comparison to way back then. I have never held any resentments, anger, sense of abandonment towards my biological parents. I have always believed that putting a child up for adoption is one of the most selfless things someone can do.

I have never tried to locate my biological parents or sibling that I know I have based on the records I was shown many years ago. Some strange occurrences over the past few weeks have inspired me to do so, not to "replace" my late parents in any way shape or form but simply to try and find out more about my medical history and "maybe" meet my BP`s if they are still alive. I work with a woman who in the last month located her birth mother via Ancestry and then a friend in Halifax told me the same, thought to myself there must be some kind of a message in all of this.

I contacted CAS (Children`s Aid Society) in Ottawa and filled out as much of paperwork I could and sent them all legal identification documents of mine to get the ball rolling.

The process they said was once my identification has been certified, they will send me copies of all the medical records then I would have to fill out and sign a waiver form putting my name and the same information I sent them into their database so if anyone is searching for me they have full permission to contact me if they so wish.

Fully understand that outside of my medical records, there is always a chance nobody contacts me and I am at a good place in my life emotionally that I could handle this.

I shall reveal more if anything comes of it
Dude. Adoptee as well. Sent for my medical records in 1995, instead got a letter that my bio mom had written on my 16th birthday. In it, along with my 'story' as to why I was given up, she also included all of her identifying information so I could find her if I chose to.
So much going through your head right now and I bet I know every question you're asking inside your head. Feel free to PM me if rather talk there.
I'm so excited and nervous for you.

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts

This is ridiculous. Did you have them fresh? I was up in Portland last weekend to check out their art museum and I had a dark chocolate/sea salt donut that was just divine.

the tasting room at Shipyard was solid too, flights were very reasonably priced compared to other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad