OT: Off Topic 2019 part XV - NO Politics! ...none, nil, nada...

Status
Not open for further replies.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Go further north to the upper valley (WRJ/Hanover N.H.) area. Lots more jobs and things going on. Just moved to Thetford in February and love it so far. Dartmouth really has an impact on the area
I went to summer camp on Lake Fairlee for many years, and still know several people in the area. It's amazing how Dartmouth has transformed the region in the last few decades.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Yes it is nice. She is an artist. She just retired . She restored paintings (very expensive ones). She worked with the Clark Art Institute . There are many artsy things to do (mostly in the Summer) Tanglewood isn't that far away . Summer Theatre is excellent . She is close to Vermont We saw James Taylor at Tanglewood last year.

She is the only one in the family who is not a hockey fan

OMG what's wrong with her? ;)

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
So for the past couple months or so Ive had a black spec in my field of vision. Apparently they are called eye floaters... Anyone have experience with these? Made an appointment to get it looked at but it doesnt seem like they are serious, just annoying, especially since I stare at a white computer screen all day.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
K, welp. this happened to our backyard.

67641289_10217832190169253_7232561670462111744_o.jpg

nice. pool looks nice.
question. since the sun is so hot in Arizona , does that pool have a cooling mechanism? what is the water temp in that thing during the day.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
So, I am considering a move to Brattleboro. Not imminent but likely about one year from now. Anyone have thoughts about living there? I’ve visited maybe 5-6 times but that’s about it.

looks nice. I used to play a team in baseball up there a while back. Just remember there being lots of nice rivers that i wanted to go fishing at.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
$3k worth of damage according to the dealer's autobody.

I'm screwed either way so I have to put in a claim with my insurance company. I think the guy is full of shit tbh and is trying to swindle my mom and I which is disgusting.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
So for the past couple months or so Ive had a black spec in my field of vision. Apparently they are called eye floaters... Anyone have experience with these? Made an appointment to get it looked at but it doesnt seem like they are serious, just annoying, especially since I stare at a white computer screen all day.
They can be, can be a lot of different things. I have them and they are because of spinal pressure due to concussions, treated with a med called acetozolomide (SP). you are doing the best thing not ignoring it, let Dr. figure it out.

Reactions: Strafer

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I'm screwed either way so I have to put in a claim with my insurance company. I think the guy is full of **** tbh and is trying to swindle my mom and I which is disgusting.

FYI- all body shop estimates are on the high side because they know the insurance company is going to try to undercut them. The body shop & insurance company will come to an agreed figure which is a lot closer to the actual repair cost. It's a negotiating tactic on the part of the shop. :teach:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
FYI- all body shop estimates are on the high side because they know the insurance company is going to try to undercut them. The body shop & insurance company will come to an agreed figure which is a lot closer to the actual repair cost. It's a negotiating tactic on the part of the shop. :teach:

Like healthcare providers :rolleyes:

Reactions: rfournier103

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

I'm screwed either way so I have to put in a claim with my insurance company. I think the guy is full of **** tbh and is trying to swindle my mom and I which is disgusting.
What happened?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I hit an extended tow hitch on the back of a pickup truck last week and jacked up my front bumper
My neighbor (and his father) own a body shop in the Boston area. IM/text whatever way that you want and I'll send you his info. He's worked on my personal, and business vehicles etc. Good guy.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
My neighbor (and his father) own a body shop in the Boston area. IM/text whatever way that you want and I'll send you his info. He's worked on my personal, and business vehicles etc. Good guy.
Thanks! Unfortuately I have to use the dealer's autobody b/c I lease the car :/

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Thanks for that. My mom fought back a bit on him especially when he goes "I wouldn't open the hood you'll never get it closed."

We told him we had already done so and had no issues and he goes "that's impossible".

I will never understand why some mechanics act like such jerks towards women. I guarantee you if my bro in law was with us, he would have never spoken to us the way he did.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Holy crap......

Woman trapped inside luggage compartment of Peter Pan bus rescued after calling 911; driver charged - The Boston Globe

A 32-year-old New York woman went on a harrowing ride when she got trapped in the luggage compartment of a bus Sunday afternoon, and the bus driver who allegedly locked her inside is now facing criminal charges.

At about 4 p.m. Connecticut State Police received a 911 call from the woman who said she was locked in the luggage hold of a Peter Pan bus that was traveling east on Interstate 84 headed to Boston.

Police said the 911 ping showed that her cell phone was in the area of Exit 70 in the town of Willington, Conn., and troopers were dispatched to intercept the bus. A trooper posted at Exit 73 in Union, Conn., noticed the bus traveling in the right lane and activated the cruiser’s lights and siren.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

I have them. It's to the point where I really don't notice them any more. My eye doc said that would happen and they're nothing to be concerned with unless of course they become a major distraction or hinder your vision

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I get them from time to time if I am in harsh lighting for long periods of time but they always go away.

Doesn't hurt to get it checked out just to be on the safe side.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Thanks for that. My mom fought back a bit on him especially when he goes "I wouldn't open the hood you'll never get it closed."

We told him we had already done so and had no issues and he goes "that's impossible".

I will never understand why some mechanics act like such jerks towards women. I guarantee you if my bro in law was with us, he would have never spoken to us the way he did.

Unfortunately most women are ignorant about cars so a lot of mechanics think it is OK to bullspit them thinking they'll never get caught at it. In my work I've had to learn a few things about them so most of the time I know what the mechanic is talking about.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Holy crap......

Woman trapped inside luggage compartment of Peter Pan bus rescued after calling 911; driver charged - The Boston Globe

A 32-year-old New York woman went on a harrowing ride when she got trapped in the luggage compartment of a bus Sunday afternoon, and the bus driver who allegedly locked her inside is now facing criminal charges.

At about 4 p.m. Connecticut State Police received a 911 call from the woman who said she was locked in the luggage hold of a Peter Pan bus that was traveling east on Interstate 84 headed to Boston.

Police said the 911 ping showed that her cell phone was in the area of Exit 70 in the town of Willington, Conn., and troopers were dispatched to intercept the bus. A trooper posted at Exit 73 in Union, Conn., noticed the bus traveling in the right lane and activated the cruiser’s lights and siren.

The article doesn't say why the driver locked the woman in there. It will be interesting to hear what she has to say in court.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Unfortunately most women are ignorant about cars so a lot of mechanics think it is OK to bullspit them thinking they'll never get caught at it. In my work I've had to learn a few things about them so most of the time I know what the mechanic is talking about.
I'm lucky my mom knows a thing or two plus my dad taught me the bare basics.

There was something off with him and he had no interest in talking to my mom and I. If it had been just me I'm fairly certain he would have tried to lecture me.

Reactions: BMC

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

My daughter just had her front brakes done and her rear need to be done in a couple months....she went for a car wash and oil change....and they check the car out and told her she needed all new brakes and rotors...She called and said Mike (our mechanic) is ripping us off.....I'm like, um, it's the car wash...which it was …. I called and of course they denied it.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad