OT: Off Topic 2019 part XV - NO Politics! ...none, nil, nada...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Oysters from Eventide.
20190821_075847.jpg
20190821_075751.jpg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Some of the lists of demands these people come up with amaze me. I mean I'm sure at least some of it is dramatized because, yes, it's a TV show, but come on.

I got tired of hearing everyone swoon over "open floor plans." I prefer my cave-like 1100 square foot apartment :laugh:
There were 3 things on my list for an apartment in Tampa: hardwood floors, a dishwasher and a washer/dryer in unit.

I have allergies and I just can’t do carpet any longer.

I was willing to compromise on the washer/dryer as long as it had the hookups.

The dishwasher wasn’t a dealbreaker but it would be nice to not have to hand wash everything.

House Hunters is absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: rfournier103

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I don’t even think that can be called a lobster roll. It’s just a bucket full of cold lobster that happens to be served with a bun. I normally like them warmed, but cold is ok if served properly.

All that being said, sign me up it still looks great.
It looks better than it tastes.
The hot dog was great, just mustard.
Comparable to the famous hot dogs at the old Montreal forum.
The only good thing at the forum besides a Bruins victory.

My dog also enjoyed the Weiner. :laugh:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Specially salt, it brings all the flavors out.
In the end I think it's a Maine thing, it was the same thing at Red's famous 2 hours wait in line for a lobster roll.
At least a pound of meat, no kidding.
It wasn't as fresh, tasty or juicy as I would like, the fact that's it's still cold from the fridge also didn't help with the taste.

In the end lobster and big belly fried clams were on the bland side.
Also like Bob's big belly clams you dont get what makes the big belly clams soo god damn tasty... the briny liquid in the belly.

I was expecting greatness from people who's been doing it for generations.

View attachment 250631 View attachment 250633 View attachment 250635

Red's is a gold mine and cash only.

18 miles north of Red's on Route 1 you will find a better and cheaper lobster roll at Moody's Diner.

upload_2019-8-21_8-15-48.png

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Red's is a gold mine and cash only.

18 miles north of Red's on Route 1 you will find a better and cheaper lobster roll at Moody's Diner.

View attachment 250641
We're in philly, needed my fix before going home.
Last night we had a Jim's cheesesteak, not a fan... meat was too chopped up, it became grainy.
Usually we stop at Sunny's, had it multiple times never fail us, always great. Next time we want to try Pat's, Geno's and Tony Luke's. Speaking of Tony Luke's they're opening multiple locations in New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad