OT: Off Topic 2019 part XV - NO Politics! ...none, nil, nada...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
K, welp. this happened to our backyard.

67641289_10217832190169253_7232561670462111744_o.jpg

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
lol not when the monsoon hit it. 114 degrees curtains fell, water pooled and I was soaked.

we think we have it secured a little better now.

Oh wow. Hopefully it’ll stay up cause it looks cool.

Reactions: Kovi

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
So, I am considering a move to Brattleboro. Not imminent but likely about one year from now. Anyone have thoughts about living there? I’ve visited maybe 5-6 times but that’s about it.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So, I am considering a move to Brattleboro. Not imminent but likely about one year from now. Anyone have thoughts about living there? I’ve visited maybe 5-6 times but that’s about it.
Vermont ? I have been there a few times. Nice little city. I drive through on the way to my sister's She lives in Williamstown MA

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yeah, let's not spend the day fighting. Stop focusing on the bad in the world. We should focus on good things in life like puppies, ice cream, and possibilities for acquiring a 2nd line right wing for David Krejci.

Y'all are good people, for the most part. Politics divide.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I used to live across the river in Keene. It is a nice area. Skiing close by, the river I rememberw as nice also, but that was in the early 80s. Not sure what it's like now, but I have friends that still visit Keene and have family there who say it is gotten nicer. It's not Brattleboro, but not too far away either.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I remember Williamstown being a nice place, too. Right next to North Adams.
Yes it is nice. She is an artist. She just retired . She restored paintings (very expensive ones). She worked with the Clark Art Institute . There are many artsy things to do (mostly in the Summer) Tanglewood isn't that far away . Summer Theatre is excellent . She is close to Vermont We saw James Taylor at Tanglewood last year.

She is the only one in the family who is not a hockey fan

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena

Go further north to the upper valley (WRJ/Hanover N.H.) area. Lots more jobs and things going on. Just moved to Thetford in February and love it so far. Dartmouth really has an impact on the area

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
With the Red Sox stunning and depressing collapse, the Bruins numbing ending and the times we live I’m going to work on my book I’ve always wanted to write and get my golf game game back after a 25 year lay off

Went to the local Y yesterday to get the family plan - I love my main gym which I’ll keep but the Y is right up the street and has phenomenal cardio stuff and is very upbeat

These are things I was going to wait till I retire but I’m starting today August 5

Unless I get the opportunity to work 80% at home starting next year it will be the David Ortiz victory tour starting January 1

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I used to live across the river in Keene. It is a nice area. Skiing close by, the river I rememberw as nice also, but that was in the early 80s. Not sure what it's like now, but I have friends that still visit Keene and have family there who say it is gotten nicer. It's not Brattleboro, but not too far away either.

My in laws live just outside of Keene. It’s a nice little town, definitely.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Go further north to the upper valley (WRJ/Hanover N.H.) area. Lots more jobs and things going on. Just moved to Thetford in February and love it so far. Dartmouth really has an impact on the area

One of my friends is from Thetford. She loved growing up there. I’m definitely interested interested in Lebanon/Hanover, too. Brattleboro is closer to in-laws and is more affordable, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad