OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XIX -Holiday Shopping Done ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

6NJIVWVGRZEERA46BKCCS3UY2E.jpg

A 19-year-old cat that was abandoned at Logan Airport is looking for a home for the holidays, the Animal Rescue League of Boston said.

A driver brought the mackerel tabby cat, named Tangee, to Boston animal control officers, the rescue league said in a statement. Officers brought the cat to the rescue league on Dec. 7.

“When exiting the vehicle, [a man] handed the [driver] the cat and a note which indicated that he was moving to Florida and could not take the cat,” the statement said. “A forwarding phone number left by the man was to a pharmacy, and while the cat is microchipped, it was not registered so there is no possible way to follow-up with the owner.”

The cat has early kidney failure, the rescue league said. The animal is about 96 in human years.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

A 19-year-old cat that was abandoned at Logan Airport is looking for a home for the holidays, the Animal Rescue League of Boston said.

A driver brought the mackerel tabby cat, named Tangee, to Boston animal control officers, the rescue league said in a statement. Officers brought the cat to the rescue league on Dec. 7.

“When exiting the vehicle, [a man] handed the [driver] the cat and a note which indicated that he was moving to Florida and could not take the cat,” the statement said. “A forwarding phone number left by the man was to a pharmacy, and while the cat is microchipped, it was not registered so there is no possible way to follow-up with the owner.”

The cat has early kidney failure, the rescue league said. The animal is about 96 in human years.

The son of a bitch should have found a home for Tangee before taking off. I hope once the bastard gets to Florida he gets run over by a 96 year old driver :rant: :madfire: :mad:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

aw. How could you give up your pet ???

I hope he finds a home. Poor old guy

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I have zero f***ing time for people who have no time, or no sense for their animals. I adopted a shelter dog about 6 years ago, some guy left her at the dump when she was 2 years old, she had a litter of pups but none could survive the harsh cold. One of the nicest, sweetest dogs I have ever had. Also, her name is Tuukka.

9A2209D6-1B9E-426C-8FAB-8FEC16FB0BA3.jpeg

I also vow to find whoever the "owner" was before hand and take their heads off their shoulders. Absolutely no time for people who neglect animals. You might as well be an axe murderer to me.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I have zero ****ing time for people who have no time, or no sense for their animals. I adopted a shelter dog about 6 years ago, some guy left her at the dump when she was 2 years old, she had a litter of pups but none could survive the harsh cold. One of the nicest, sweetest dogs I have ever had. Also, her name is Tuukka.

View attachment 294299

I also vow to find whoever the "owner" was before hand and take their heads off their shoulders. Absolutely no time for people who neglect animals. You might as well be an axe murderer to me.

How a person treats animals tells me most of what I’ll ever need to know about them.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I have zero ****ing time for people who have no time, or no sense for their animals. I adopted a shelter dog about 6 years ago, some guy left her at the dump when she was 2 years old, she had a litter of pups but none could survive the harsh cold. One of the nicest, sweetest dogs I have ever had. Also, her name is Tuukka.

View attachment 294299

My pup was abandoned in an apartment in the city. The people moved out AT CHRISTMAS and it was a week before the neighbors called the cops. He has never had an accident in the house, never snatched a piece of food or growled/snapped at us.
He is perfect.
82172DA8-9C73-4934-8EC5-4D6EEF143F98.jpeg

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
My pup was abandoned in an apartment in the city. The people moved out AT CHRISTMAS and it was a week before the neighbors called the cops. He has never had an accident in the house, never snatched a piece of food or growled/snapped at us.
He is perfect.
View attachment 294321
I have a golden that is much the same. She’s getting older now (12), she’s starting get bad hips but her mind is still there. Going to be tough when I lose her, that’s for sure. Both of my dogs get along so well, and when I take one to the groomer/vet the other gets really, really stressed out.

25E43E39-D22D-4CB8-ABF3-FAAB42B92908.jpeg

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I spun out in a stationary position trying to get out of my driveway the tires were so frozen. It was unreal, and kind of embarrassing.
Can’t you just hibernate till April ?

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
After 30 years I officially gave up my Red Sox Weekend season ticket package. Increasing prices making it hard to get face value back for a game I don't go to, loss of interest from people I regularly go with, and what looks like a mini rebuild of the team were the major factors in the decision.

I thought that I was feeling OK with the decision but now that the renewal deadline has come and it is official I feel more sadness than anything else. Am I having a weird reaction to the finality of it or is this normal? For anyone that recently gave up their B's season tickets did you feel more relief or sadness. I know the day will come when I have to give up my B's tickets but I have not had them as long as the Sox tickets.

Reactions: Ladyfan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

My brother in law was not only on that team he was central to the story

Came home one day flipped on ESPN and they were showing a story on the movie and there he is walking down some road in Atlanta with Denzel Washington. I called him and asked him wtf and he laughed - they flew him to the set because he had a great grasp of what happened- played at Duke. Very bright and great guy

I had so much Remember the Titans garb back in the day

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
After 30 years I officially gave up my Red Sox Weekend season ticket package. Increasing prices making it hard to get face value back for a game I don't go to, loss of interest from people I regularly go with, and what looks like a mini rebuild of the team were the major factors in the decision.

I thought that I was feeling OK with the decision but now that the renewal deadline has come and it is official I feel more sadness than anything else. Am I having a weird reaction to the finality of it or is this normal? For anyone that recently gave up their season tickets did you feel more relief or sadness.
I bought the opening day pack and my bud has full season in grandstand first base row 1 right behind upper box- phenomenal seats value wise/location and I can grab a bunch as well

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Who the hell can do this to an animal?

I LOATHE cats, and I'd take this cat because that's just such a massively awful, shitty thing to do.

People suck.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

I thought that I was feeling OK with the decision but now that the renewal deadline has come and it is official I feel more sadness than anything else. Am I having a weird reaction to the finality of it or is this normal? For anyone that recently gave up their B's season tickets did you feel more relief or sadness. I know the day will come when I have to give up my B's tickets but I have not had them as long as the Sox tickets.

I had a plan N and my friend had plan W for the same seats - we just could not justify it anymore

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-12-18_20-36-49.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad