OT: Off Topic 2019 part XIV - Days are getting shorter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
The rise of the white supremacist in the last 2 years is frightening. I am sure they were there before but now they fell empowered to come out from under their rocks. If you are an American and don't see this as a problem.....well that you are un-American.

You quoted me, yet none of this applies to what I said.

We have a society problem that includes all races, colors and creeds. Includes white supremacists and any other disgusting group.

As for me being un-American....I leave that alone because I don't want to be banned...

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
You quoted me, yet none of this applies to what I said.

We have a society problem that includes all races, colors and creeds. Includes white supremacists and any other disgusting group.

As for me being un-American....I leave that alone because I don't want to be banned...
I did not mean to call you anti-American...The White Supremacists yes

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Where did I say it was a white guy problem?

And you still stuck on ‘nobody’ really? Nobody?
Because whatever news you watch doesnt mention it that equals ‘nobody ‘?

And get away without background checks many states with private sales and the ‘gun show loophole’.

Yup, I'm still stuck on that. People making this a race issue are missing what's going on in this country.

You quoted me as I was responding to someone else, it's a chain of posts.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Here's my $0.02:

There's a reason a certain English-speaking country has not had a "public mass shooting" in 20+ years, and another has had 2 in that same time frame, and it isn't because they fixed a mental health problem.

You hear it said that people like this will just find another way if you banned semi-automatic rifles, and you know what, that might be true. But there's a reason that so many of them choose the same style weapon to carry out these attacks. It's become way too easy for these people, and I'm so ******* tired of it.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
If only the guy left some sort of explanation- we could tell if racism was part of his motivation.
In El Paso they have the shooter and his manifesto which is how they are able to say it was race related.

In Dayton they killed the gunman but they have someone who was with him prior to the shooting in custody but the motives are murky because he killed his sister and seems to have a history going back to when he was much younger.

It’s all so effed up

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Last warning.....

I cant believe Im actually having to write this.

Its funny to post that it would be ‘funny’ if a certain group ‘was shot’.

Whats wrong with some of you?

I was hoping that was just a poorly proofread post that was missing something because... yikes

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
In less morbid news THIS is how I know school is starting back

xfroed.jpg

1 order
30 gatorades
130 AZ ice teas only 3 flavors
Gave the 3rd part of the order to a coworker I like to get his stats up.
This was a bitch to do.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm with you, I just don't think trying to blame one group or issue will resolve it. Lots of things need to be figured out .
But it is getting worse. I don't see any hope for a couple of years at best. It makes my angry and sad.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
AR is an armalite rifle or something NOT an assault rifle. I have one like 10 feet away from me. LEGAL ones in this country are semi automatic. 1 trigger pull one bullet unless they have a recently banned bum stock or illegally have purchased an automatic which is either 3 round burst when u trigger pull or all bullets.

Yeah it's ridiculous they are legal. So you can't hold the trigger down...bfd as it takes milliseconds to press and release a trigger. I've shot them in ranges. I also support the second amendment...I don't however see any reason for these type guns or drum magazines...

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
But it is getting worse. I don't see any hope for a couple of years at best. It makes my angry and sad.

You keep intimating that all of these incidents are exclusive to the current administration as if they happen in a vacuum. This is disingenuous because it happened just as much under his predecessors

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I am sorry for your loss. It is terrible.

Man a lot of friends have passed away. Grieve for him more cuz I guess its gonna be 5 years then January it will b 5 years for 2 others who passed away within 2 weeks. In a few months will be a year since 2 others passed away.

8 Months so far in this year and my wish of no one close to me passing away so far has been granted.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I feel you Susan.

After this weekend, I feel angrier than ever and it’s only going to get worse I’m afraid.

I don’t know what else to do other than to keep voting, speaking out and staying educated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad