OT: Off Topic 2019 part XIV - Days are getting shorter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Thought of @BMC post yesterday while I was driving back to work from lunch. Only because it was a rare time I didnt have on my seat belt and was at a newer ramp/light thats only been here a few weeks. Waited a few seconds after I got the green light and of course someone went speeding thru the red. Its why I always wait a few seconds after this new light turns green. Either people dont recognize or see the light or dont even realize its there because its so new.

Vegas drivers are the worst

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Bees will buzz.
Kids will blow dandelion fuzz.
I’ll be doing whatever snow does in summerrrrrr

No really, that’s exactly what i do every summer.

Reactions: rfournier103

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I know most of u only know about him due to his death but as someone who has listened to Nipsey since like 2009 this last video and verse that was released a few weeks after he passed away hit me hard. Rapping about his grandma, mother, father, how they met, how he met his wife and his 2 kids.

My granny 88, she had my uncle and then
A miscarriage back-to-back every year for like ten
Pregnant with my moms, doctor told her it was slim
Was bed rode for nine months, but gave birth in the end
Pops turned 60, he proud what we done
In one generation, he came from Africa young
He said he met my moms at the Century Club
Los Angeles love kinda of like Hussle and Boog
Mani turned ten, Kross turned two
Startin' to see this life shit from a bird's view
We the ones that made millions off the curb, fool
In this rap shit ten, never made nerd moves

The part about him and his wife hit hard as well. Dont see many "celeb" couples in love as much as they were and since his death she has held down the family and been strong

Found out a few days ago he actually owned his masters so I had to re-buy some of his music. So few artists really own their masters.

Reactions: Strafer

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-7-25_20-19-52.png

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Mrs Odaat diagnosed with a mild concussion, protocol much the same as a more severe one, only thing is the symptoms likely to last for less time.....ugg, thankfully we have taken the proper channels to ensure she/we will be compensated fairly for time missed from work which she does not get paid for unfortunately.

Still, having had a few concussions myself, not fun at all, I`ve taken the next few days off myself just to ensure she is AOK, thankfully she`s finally sleeping

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Mrs Odaat diagnosed with a mild concussion, protocol much the same as a more severe one, only thing is the symptoms likely to last for less time.....ugg, thankfully we have taken the proper channels to ensure she/we will be compensated fairly for time missed from work which she does not get paid for unfortunately.

Still, having had a few concussions myself, not fun at all, I`ve taken the next few days off myself just to ensure she is AOK, thankfully she`s finally sleeping

Here’s hoping she’ll be OK

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

Wish you both the best, I'm sure she'll be fine!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Did the St. Louis Blues throw a high hit her way?

Reactions: dabid and BMC

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Wednesday the veterans at work gave me the task of talking to management about once again people just slacking and being lazy on the floor. Talked to my manager about it, newer guy, he sort of weirdly smiled during what I was saying which sort of bugged me, Talked to him today and he brought up how he was out of it that day and asked me who was I talking about. I didnt say names cuz I never really do. He actually guessed the 2 people which left me curious. If management knows these 2 are an issue and continually slack why do they have them always working together? Kind of weird to me. However the manager with seniority is still on vacation and I am told they have already discussed this issue so when his vacation on the 5th is over I hope they crack down.

However on a Pay Day Friday management asked me to drive a double lift which means they must have wanted to the work to get done so they could enjoy their weekends. Weird that I am looked at as a good worker when they want stuff done yet they coddle these cry baby dudes who are lazy. Maybe its a seniority thing since both guys have been there 10+ years and really have no incentive to work fast since they're topped off.

Man and just checking my check I have like a few thousand hours to get topped off :laugh:

Last edited:

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Wednesday the veterans at work gave me the task of talking to management about once again people just slacking and being lazy on the floor. Talked to my manager about it, newer guy, he sort of weirdly smiled during what I was saying which sort of bugged me, Talked to him today and he brought up how he was out of it that day and asked me who was I talking about. I didnt say names cuz I never really do. He actually guessed the 2 people which left me curious. If management knows these 2 are an issue and continually slack why do they have them always working together? Kind of weird to me. However the manager with seniority is still on vacation and I am told they have already discussed this issue so when his vacation on the 5th is over I hope they crack down.

However on a Pay Day Friday management asked me to drive a double lift which means they must have wanted to the work to get done so they could enjoy their weekends. Weird that I am looked at as a good worker when they want stuff done yet they coddle these cry baby dudes who are lazy. Maybe its a seniority thing since both guys have been there 10+ years and really have no incentive to work fast since they're topped off.

Man and just checking my check I have like a few thousand hours to get topped off :laugh:
So basically you are the company snitch and management "appreciates" it so much they make you work more.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Pup confirmed totally blind in one eye and just shadows in the other. Blood sugar still sky rockets quickly, they’ve now upped his insulin from 2 to 3 to 5 to 6 units. When this vial is gone they recommended switching to Glargine (sp?) which idk what it is but we shall see what happens.

Vet is amazed that pupper has gone this long with unknown severity of raging diabetes and he’s still as healthy as he is. She seems to believe that if we can get a dose that works better for him that it shouldn’t impact lifespan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad