OT: Off Topic 2019 part XIII - The Dog Days Of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I think it also depends an awful lot on humidity. In your neck of the woods, 20 degrees might be reasonable but in our dry air, the A/C can get the house down to 75 (or lower), even if it's 115 outside.

Been in my new condo a month. Ground floor of a 4 floor new construction building, backside that only gets sun in the morning. I know no one is going to believe this, but I've not run the AC once in 30 days, and the unit has not gone above 71 degrees, and that was when it was 95+ outside. I think the combination of being on a slab foundation below 3 other floors, plus the trees and marshland shading the back, and being new construction is the reason. Still, having to turn on the heat in July because a drop in temp due to a storm sends your inside temp to 63 degrees is nuts.

Probably going to cost me a fortune to heat in winter, though.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
safe_image.php

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hope you're safe as they said they have a confirmed tornado in South Yarmouth

Highway on the cape is flooded in certain spots. I was more or less following the tornado. The weather is usually pretty crazy on the Cape but not this crazy

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Highway on the cape is flooded in certain spots. I was more or less following the tornado. The weather is usually pretty crazy on the Cape but not this crazy
Glad you're ok!!!

Yea this is wild weather even for the Cape and that's saying something

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Route 6 is one of the worst draining roads in the country, amongst other things.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Glad you're ok!!!

Yea this is wild weather even for the Cape and that's saying something

Thanks! Just made for a long commute. Half of The bourne rotary was submerged in about 2 feet of water

And you are not wrong about the drainage jrull

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Crazy weather back there. Y'all stay safe!

First monsoon of the season hit Phoenix last night, and I was in TX and of absolutely no use to help keep our new pergola curtains and furniture from getting whipped around. Nothing like feeling helpless from 1000 miles away.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Crazy weather back there. Y'all stay safe!

First monsoon of the season hit Phoenix last night, and I was in TX and of absolutely no use to help keep our new pergola curtains and furniture from getting whipped around. Nothing like feeling helpless from 1000 miles away.
I hope nothing got too damaged!

The Cape got nailed last night too. The front that dropped through after all that awful heat stalled just south of the Cape and Islands and the storms blew up late last night and this morning.

They sent the surveyors down from Blue Hills right away but they are saying it may have been an F2.

Elsewhere in MA, its a balmy 66 degrees and cloudy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad