Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
317cup4.jpg
52jdhj.jpg

As I mentioned in around the NHL topic I caved in and got some Knights stuff. Got a hat as well on sale for $10

getting these Friday too.
air-jordan-1-low-gold-toe-cq9447-700-1.jpg

Trying to be fitted again. Getting some white dickeys too to go along with some my white shoes and white air foces

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I dig the matching sneaks... Not bad.

honestly felt like a traitor and kinda disgusted putting on the LVGK hat especially since I dont really like the team and most of the fans are annoying but it completes the outfit. I mean I also got a $5 fitted Raider winter cammo hat but only cuz it will match my all white outfit, I stayed all over Oakland for a few years and when I go to Boston next month I will get an all white Bs or Pats hat.

Also the Reaves shirt was 15% off and He's like the only VGK I like.

AND YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS these sneakers are fresh I am NOT a sneaker head but I really regret wearing my Fab5 Michigan Nikes to work cuz it ruined them and I cant find them and when I do they're not my size and/or like $300+

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Very nice.

To me, Jefferson is indeed an "American Sphynx" (Joseph Ellis). He was, of course, one of our founders, and exceedingly keen as a political player. He brought us LA.

He was also perpetually in debt (likely the main reason he destested the English, his debtors), a slave holder, and an intriguer against Washington (sic). He was also less than decisive about building Monticello. My understanding is that he died in debt, having sold off all his books, with Monticello still unfinished.

That is the short, perhaps inaccurate verssion.

Again, with due credit to his genius, I'll take Hamilton & Washington.

But that's me. Would love to visit Mt. Vernon.

I get that, but as a country, we are very lucky that both were three at the time of the country's formation. Their opposing views on the role of the federal government and states rights led to a balance between the two that is really unique in the world, and one that has held up as the country grew from barely a dozen states on one side of a vast continent to one taking up the whole continent. Given Washington's leadership during the revolutionary war (albeit a reluctant leadership), and Hamilton and Jefferson's roles in shaping the government (and civilian leadership during the war), I'll take all three. It was a blessing that all three men lived in the same time and in the same place. Kinda like us being blessed to live in the same world as Patrice Bergeron!

Reactions: GordonHowe

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I get that, but as a country, we are very lucky that both were three at the time of the country's formation. Their opposing views on the role of the federal government and states rights led to a balance between the two that is really unique in the world, and one that has held up as the country grew from barely a dozen states on one side of a vast continent to one taking up the whole continent. Given Washington's leadership during the revolutionary war (albeit a reluctant leadership), and Hamilton and Jefferson's roles in shaping the government (and civilian leadership during the war), I'll take all three. It was a blessing that all three men lived in the same time and in the same place. Kinda like us being blessed to live in the same world as Patrice Bergeron!

To the bolded:

Uhhhh, I know up north is referred to as the 51st state, and there's all that current hoohah about immigration from the south, but Canada and Mexico say "Hi!".

Reactions: GordonHowe

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
honestly felt like a traitor and kinda disgusted putting on the LVGK hat especially since I dont really like the team and most of the fans are annoying but it completes the outfit. I mean I also got a $5 fitted Raider winter cammo hat but only cuz it will match my all white outfit, I stayed all over Oakland for a few years and when I go to Boston next month I will get an all white Bs or Pats hat.

Also the Reaves shirt was 15% off and He's like the only VGK I like.

AND YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS these sneakers are fresh I am NOT a sneaker head but I really regret wearing my Fab5 Michigan Nikes to work cuz it ruined them and I cant find them and when I do they're not my size and/or like $300+
@Kovi and I are getting a ticket package for the Coyotes this year, and we both want a kachina jersey. I will always be a Bs fan first and foremost, but i don't think there's anything wrong with following a team and rooting for them, as long as your first first team always comes first. Unless your other team is the Habs. Then you can f*** right off! Right @BMC?

I've never gotten the whole sneaker thing. I buy shoes to wear them. They get worn out, so I get a new pair. :dunno:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I just returned from the funeral of my nephew's friend. It was a beautiful service and the church was packed with family & friends.

It was very hard to see his parents, younger brother, both sets of grandparents & the rest of the family. They are just devastated. His young friends are devastated too. I made the mistake of looking behind at my nephew and niece and that's when I lost it too.

Justin was a friendly boy with a bright smile for everyone he met. He was majoring in communications, a great choice given his sparkling personality and he had so much to look forward to in life. Now his family & friends will have to go on without him.

Tell your kids and your friends' kids: Put that damn seat belt on every time you get in any vehicle. It will save your life.

so tragic, so sorry for your loss friend. Put those seat belt`s on indeed, and for those of legal age to drive, put the seat belt`s on and put your damn cell phones in the glove compartment when you are on the road. Our vehicle currently at the mechanics as Mrs Odaat got dinged from behind last night coming home from work. The woman hit her hard enough to put a serious dent in our bumper and a terrific citizen pulled over to not just see if she was ok but to blast the woman who she saw with her head down on her cell while inching along in traffic.

On our way soon to get some tests done and Mrs Odaat felt a touch "off" this morning, hoping it`s not a concussion

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I have never, ever understood why they take blood in the middle of the night.

Depending on the strength of antibiotics being administered, they need to take blood on a schedule to test for kidney duress due to being overloaded by toxins left by the medication. I was in the hospital once on massive doses of antibiotics to ward off infection from a traumatic eye injury, and had to have blood drawn every 4 hours.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Monitor a bunch of ****

I’d have the blood drawn and a giant needle of heparin jammed into my belly every 3-4 hours for two weeks. When I got home I slept for 18 straight hours. It was like I’d never slept before

4 heparin shots a day - all it is doing is leaving bruises on belly

They got me walking around the unit with a walker so progress being made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->