OT: Off Topic 2019 part XI- how do I Oobah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Has anyone here used uber before? If so, how does it work? We downloaded the app and we want to use it for a show we're going to tonight. Do you schedule a pickup or just call for one when you want it?

Few times. GPS tells drivers where u are and gives u a few to choose from. They calculate the distance and how much it will cost. Phone updates u how long the driver takes and their car. Drivers have rankings and tells u if some are talkative or w/e.

Reactions: LSCII

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Well, lost my job yesterday. Took a bit for it to set in.

Not really sure what to do.

That sucks!

I’m in a line of work where layoffs happen all the time and they always suck big time. Especially if you’re not expecting it.

The first thing you should do is file for unemployment. It will take some of the bite out of it if you’re unemployed for more than a week or two. As some of the others have asked, what do you do for work?

I'm hoping this is short lived for you! Staying positive will help you greatly.

Reactions: sooshii and BMC

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Last time I took an Uber I was at a function and wanted to walk to a store. Was one like 2-3 blocks away but homie I was with didnt wanna walk thru some homeless villages. Back and forth I think costed like $20.

Elvis P

I got 9 lives, cat's eyes
Dec 10, 2007
Black Sabbath
Hang in there.
Agreed. My wife left her job in January, found one, but wants a better one, and has applied for over 300 jobs. Don't get discouraged.

I like Pasta's Dunkin commercial, but his 37 PIMS career high season is not exactly Tiger Williams. Perhaps they could have had a different angle.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I've used it with my family while on vacation.

I will not let my 18 year old daughter to use it alone. Only if she's with 2 or more friends.

My cousin is a cop in a mid-sized city and he once told me that he's never pulled over an Uber/Lyft driver that didn't have some kind of "prior" that was significant enough to make him comfortable letting his daughter use it.

No offense to any drivers out there....I just feel safer if mine uses a legitimate cab company with a dispatcher and Hack #.
I've posted this before but it's true :laugh:

1998-do-not-meet-anyone-from-the-internet-do-not-31759733.png

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Yay just landed in Manchester after a good week in Cali... Felt like a short 2 flights.

But I swear it's always raining everytime I come home on weekends. :laugh:

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
@HockeyMomx2 how did it go? Inquiring minds want to know :naughty: :)
It was great. We went to the Cinco De Mayo festival on the waterfront, ate, walked aeound, then got a few.drinks, then went to the game, which omg, what a game, Rip City, baby! He's coming back out for Date 2 Monday night (for me it's my Friday). Off to work I go!!!

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Seconded. I’m so happy for her. It’s such a mental game trying to jump back into the dating scene, and i was only ten years or so in between.
It so is. I went to straighten my hair instead of its natural waves a dozen times, even tho the it looked great! LOL thank goodness for girlfriends who know me and kept me sane lol

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It was great. We went to the Cinco De Mayo festival on the waterfront, ate, walked aeound, then got a few.drinks, then went to the game, which omg, what a game, Rip City, baby! He's coming back out for Date 2 Monday night (for me it's my Friday). Off to work I go!!!

Wow if he’s going out on a Monday he must really be interested. Good luck

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Has anyone ever had a bone bruise that still hurts months later?

I fell back at the end of January on the ice and the left side of my leg from just below my hip to the end of my thigh was bruised badly.

It took 2 months for the lump to go away but in the last week a small bruise formed out of nowhere and the entire area feels like it’s bruised again but I haven’t done a thing.

I really don’t want to go to the doctor for this as it seems really silly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad