OT: Off Topic 2019 part VII - Boston now ranked WORST in rush hour traffic in US - #8 in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Interstate 5 is BORING

However, we stopped for lunch at a well-known ranch and I think this is the freshest piece of meat I have ever tasted

52087605_10217171516772726_2107356150805561344_n.jpg

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Gross. Once it hits triple digits I start to cringe. But all of that is a major safety hazard, which you can't put a price on. Hopefully your repairs end there for a long while!
Yup, I was driving thru town one random day like 5 years ago and completely out of nowhere a Corolla's wheel came flying off from the passenger rear side... Right in front of me

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Food poisoning sucks. Pretty sure it was an undercooked hamburger I had for lunch at Yardhouse yesterday.

I finally feel better but my god I never want this again.

Curled up watching The Ghosts of Mississippi. Phenomenal movie. Alec Baldwin and Whoopi Goldberg gave Oscar winning performances as did James Woods (who was nominated)

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Food poisoning sucks. Pretty sure it was an undercooked hamburger I had for lunch at Yardhouse yesterday.

Curled up watching The Ghosts of Mississippi. Phenomenal movie. Alec Baldwin and Whoopi Goldberg gave Oscar winning performances as did James Woods (who was nominated)
sounds like the bug that just ravaged our house.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Anyone watch “Abducted in Plain Sight” on Netflix? Holy **** was it disturbing.

One of the most disturbing real life stories I have ever heard. I don't even know what to say about it, it's just bonkers. People like this actually exist.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Interstate 5 is BORING

However, we stopped for lunch at a well-known ranch and I think this is the freshest piece of meat I have ever tasted

52087605_10217171516772726_2107356150805561344_n.jpg
Right about the 5. If you can make it to Bakersfield without wanting to die, it's impressive.

Reactions: Fenway

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
i felt really bad one day. chills. stomach. but stomach last about 2/3 days. always felt full/cramps.
I felt really tired earlier then I go one hell of a wave of chills. I feel a lot better but I feel like I’ve been through the ringer.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Get better soon

Just a suggestion for anyone out there who is out and about eating at a restaurant, STAY AWAY FROM SPECIAL OF THE NIGHT, as a 30 year vet in the biz, a "special" is far from it at all, it`s almost always putting a dish together involving a protein that is exceptionally close to it`s best before date thusly opening the door to being tainted.

The ONLY time to order a special is if it involves a dish or a protein that the restaurant does NOT have on it`s regular menu

Reactions: sooshii

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Get better soon

Just a suggestion for anyone out there who is out and about eating at a restaurant, STAY AWAY FROM SPECIAL OF THE NIGHT, as a 30 year vet in the biz, a "special" is far from it at all, it`s almost always putting a dish together involving a protein that is exceptionally close to it`s best before date thusly opening the door to being tainted.

The ONLY time to order a special is if it involves a dish or a protein that the restaurant does NOT have on it`s regular menu
Thanks.

I feel a bit better today and decided that working from home was my best option since I hadn't eaten anything more than some ritz crackers.

Thanks for the tip on the special of the night.

Next time I go I'm going to make sure the burger is medium like I asked it to be. I hate sending things back

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Thanks.

I feel a bit better today and decided that working from home was my best option since I hadn't eaten anything more than some ritz crackers.

Thanks for the tip on the special of the night.

Next time I go I'm going to make sure the burger is medium like I asked it to be. I hate sending things back

I hate sending back things too and rarely do however, if I`m uneasy about a protein on my plate, I`ll always ask them to cook it a bit more. I`d rather send something back then have me hunched over a toilet for days because I was too shy or hesitant to do so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad