OT: Off Topic 2019 part VII - Boston now ranked WORST in rush hour traffic in US - #8 in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Trying to find good food in Arizona is challenging. It's all mush and poor quality here compared to Boston. There is tremendous excitement when another fast food place opens here (which is about once a quarter).

We ate in Phoenix the other night at a restaurant that was outstanding.

oh and Chinese food? forget it. not here

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Anyone watch “Abducted in Plain Sight” on Netflix? Holy **** was it disturbing.

That made me SO mad...and still does. What the everloving f***?

I"ve never seen such passive aggressive, victim mentality in my life.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Freshly fallen snow; freshly storrowed truck

fairfieldstorrow.jpg

Reactions: BMC and Kovi

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Missus and I just visited Kennedy Space Center. It is a really cool place, especially to a family of third generation geeks like us. My son is thoroughly envious - he nearly ended up working there, but his company put him on a different project.

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Missus and I just visited Kennedy Space Center. It is a really cool place, especially to a family of third generation geeks like us. My son is thoroughly envious - he nearly ended up working there, but his company put him on a different project.

I went there when I was 8 and I've always wanted to go back. I'm a space nerd in addition to being a Bruins fan :nod:

Reactions: nazartp

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
I went there when I was 8 and I've always wanted to go back. I'm a space nerd in addition to being a Bruins fan :nod:
It's worth a trip all by itself. We did not have too much time, but you can easily spend a couple of days. They also now have a 7-day astronaut training experience - you, actually, go through several training exercises. We did a shuttle launch experience in a simulator. I'm afraid letting my son into it, because he will try and build it in the garage. ;) He already got a job in space systems because he played Elite.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It's worth a trip all by itself. We did not have too much time, but you can easily spend a couple of days. They also now have a 7-day astronaut training experience - you, actually, go through several training exercises. We did a shuttle launch experience in a simulator. I'm afraid letting my son into it, because he will try and build it in the garage. ;) He already got a job in space systems because he played Elite.

I saw a moon rock- this was just 2 years after Apollo 11- it was displayed inside a plain glass bubble on a stand. There was no marking on it telling you what it was but we figured it had to be something special since so many people were surrounding it.Sure enough- a small rock with dark & light gray streaks. Then we took a bus out to Pad 39A to see the Apollo 14 Saturn V rocket that was going to be launched. To say that thing was huge is a tremendous understatement, 360+ feet high. I'd love to spend a week there, maybe even catch a launch when they start crewed flights again.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Not sure about concessions, but the rest is in a tip-top shape. In the Atlantis exhibit actual retired NASA engineer of 30 year tenure is answering questions on the shuttle. They have an astronaut every day for meet and greet.

JJ runs the entire show

Delaware North operates Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, helping NASA educate, inspire and inform guests about the country’s space program. The guest experience includes tours of Kennedy Space Center, larger-than-life IMAX films, live shows, hands-on activities and Shuttle Launch Experience.

What’s more, in June 2013, Delaware North opened the doors to Space Shuttle Atlantis – a $100 million exhibit that not only showcases the retired shuttle as it’s never been seen before, but also celebrates the rich history of the United States space program.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
JJ runs the entire show

Delaware North operates Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, helping NASA educate, inspire and inform guests about the country’s space program. The guest experience includes tours of Kennedy Space Center, larger-than-life IMAX films, live shows, hands-on activities and Shuttle Launch Experience.

What’s more, in June 2013, Delaware North opened the doors to Space Shuttle Atlantis – a $100 million exhibit that not only showcases the retired shuttle as it’s never been seen before, but also celebrates the rich history of the United States space program.

After reading this I could almost forgive him for being such a lousy owner for so many years. Almost ;)

Reactions: Fenway

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Wife and I spending a few days in Burlington, Vermont. Any recommendations from anyone on restaurants or breweries or stores?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
View attachment 182721

Lost one of my best friends today, my cat Mugzy, 10 years old.

Just wanted to say to give your animals and family an extra hug tonight and even though I've never met you guys I love ya
I am late saying this but I am so sorry for your loss. It is so difficult when they are family.

I found out on Dec 28th that my 9 year old Maine Coon has heart disease. I got home from work and he wasn't waiting at the door for me (like he always does). I went upstairs and he was purring but having a tough time breathing . I was exhausted from work and my vet was closed but I put him in the carrier and drove him to the Mass. Referral Hospital in Woburn. He was given oxygen and Lasix's (for water in his lungs) . He had to stay there 3 days ( I hated to leave him). They said if I hadn't brought him he would have died. I went to visit him each day he was there.

Now I have to give him 4 pills in the morning and 3 at night. They can't say how long he will live. He goes to a cat cartologist. The expense is tough but he is my love.

I no longer take for granted him meeting me at the door but take the time to hug and thank him. His name is Frodo Baggins as he has extra toes and toe tuffs. He is a wonderful cat .

I know for folks who aren't animal lovers it is difficult to understand but I live alone and love my cats ( I have 3). Frodo is my favorite (but don't tell the others).

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Benign !
99% sure per the surgeon anyway. Still have to get pathology per protocol. But she said she highly doubts the growth removed is you know what.
The Bride is out cold and will be real sore for a week or so.
Now I just have to keep an eye on the incision for bleeding or infection.
Take her back in about 10 days.

Frigging nerve wracking though I tell ya.
Exhausting .

Thanks and much love to all of you for your concern.
Sorry I missed this as I have been tired and not on this thread. I am happy all is well. I love all of your family stories.

Reactions: Gee Wally
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad