OT: Off Topic 2019 part VI - Winter is no longer coming - IT HAS ARRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Conference call the day after Christmas? Bah Humbug!

6d3.jpg

whomp whomp.
I wrote a 7 page report. :P

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I went swimming for the first time in ages and I feel like absolute crap.

I thought you were supposed to feel good after working out?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I went swimming for the first time in ages and I feel like absolute crap.

I thought you were supposed to feel good after working out?

That always happens to me after a long swim if I'm not in good "swimming shape". I almost always feel awful either that night or the next day.

Walking/running/lifting/etc......any other exercise, nothing. Swimming after not doing it for some time? Kills me every time.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
That always happens to me after a long swim if I'm not in good "swimming shape". I almost always feel awful either that night or the next day.

Walking/running/lifting/etc......any other exercise, nothing. Swimming after not doing it for some time? Kills me every time.
I expected to be hungry which is a given but not to feel like death. I've never had this feeling before. I'm not even sore which I'm sure is coming.

I did 350 yards in about 25 minutes which is light compared to what I normally do when I'm in swimming shape. My normal workout is 40 laps or 1,000 yards in an hour.

I have to remind myself to go slow and steady or I'm going to end up with pulled muscles.

I actually signed up for a stroke technique class for the next 6 Wednesdays to make sure I am using the correct form.

Reactions: Seidenbergy

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
My physical fitness test was canceled due to winds today. Blows my mind that a base in Oklahoma doesn't have an indoor running track.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I expected to be hungry which is a given but not to feel like death. I've never had this feeling before. I'm not even sore which I'm sure is coming.

I did 350 yards in about 25 minutes which is light compared to what I normally do when I'm in swimming shape. My normal workout is 40 laps or 1,000 yards in an hour.

I have to remind myself to go slow and steady or I'm going to end up with pulled muscles.

I actually signed up for a stroke technique class for the next 6 Wednesdays to make sure I am using the correct form.

If your class needs any "stand" ins, lemme know.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
My physical fitness test was canceled due to winds today. Blows my mind that a base in Oklahoma doesn't have an indoor running track.
I should fly in and out of OKC one of these times so we can have dinner again.

As for the base, I'm surprised too. the running joke when I was in the Navy was that the Air Force always spent all their base construction money on housing and MWR stuff and built their runways last, so when they ran out of money halfway through, they'd have to get more, since you need runways to be an airfield. Naval Air Stations always built their runways first, and scrimped on everything else.

Reactions: Lockheed and Kovi

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
On Christmas an ex of mine and I started to talk just to wish each other well. Today we are still talking and I asked her about an ominous txt I got when we first broke up. She told me how it was about her being pregnant. So lets see now I am 0/2 with kids. While there are dudes out there with like 4-5 kids and they dont want them. Weird thing is both times I was being safe.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
On Christmas an ex of mine and I started to talk just to wish each other well. Today we are still talking and I asked her about an ominous txt I got when we first broke up. She told me how it was about her being pregnant. So lets see now I am 0/2 with kids. While there are dudes out there with like 4-5 kids and they dont want them. Weird thing is both times I was being safe.

You have two kids?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Crazy storm moving through... :eek:

Turn up the sound... I heard this live about thirty miles away... :help:

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Why do bosses expect us to get anything meaningful accomplished on days like today?

The f***ing clown at my place was running around mad at everyone because nobody at anywhere else was around and we weren't being productive enough for his liking. Literally the dumbest thing ever. Like we can control other companies from being decent employers to their people. Imagine that?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The ****ing clown at my place was running around mad at everyone because nobody at anywhere else was around and we weren't being productive enough for his liking. Literally the dumbest thing ever. Like we can control other companies from being decent employers to their people. Imagine that?
I’m dreading tomorrow because it’s going to be painfully slow tomorrow. I’ve sent more emails than I’ve received this week.

I’m also not looking forward to the sloppy commute

Reactions: LSCII

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
So I have a new client who is a pest control business (very lucrative here).
Gross, gross, gross. Africanized bees:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad