Newton, MA
Visit site
The street hockey game that never ends - The Boston Globe

klima_13streethockey_20190310_011.jpg

Reactions: Fenway and BMC

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm amazed at how shortsighted their management was. They had all the deals with all the studios and allowed Netflix to kill them. Reminds me of Kodak - the inventors of digital photography driven into bankruptcy by digital photography.

even worse, back in 2000 the founder of Netflix approached Blockbuster and offered to sell Netflix to them for $50 million.

Blockbuster declined and is just a memory, while Netflix is worth $32 billion

Reactions: Fenway and nazartp

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yep, true story. Bend as a whole has been turned into a tourist trap tho, and that bums me out a bit.

Unfortunately, I think the Sasquatch museum is not longer in operation :laugh: I lived in Portland for several years in the early -mid 90s and went out to Bend once or twice.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The way he says "Daddy?“ kills me. Pass the kleenex :cry: for all the happy tears

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Yesterday, woke up feeling better than ever on a Monday. I skated late Sunday night and usually Monday morning is a struggle.

Wicked stressful day at work and I went to bed early (8:30).

Woke up feeling as though I’d been hit by a truck. Luckily, I have two blocks off on Tuesdays and Thursdays to start the day so I’m going in late.

Anyone ever dabble in green juices? I decided to try it this morning to see if it makes me feel any better or more energetic.
Have not. but suggestion.....citrus essential oil under your nose or in a diffuser with really help that blah gross feeling. If you dont feel comfortable with a diffuser, you can hide a roller bottle (tiny) in your pocket and just use it like smelling salts. peppermint oil is my go to. total game changer.
I hope you feel better soon.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'm amazed at how shortsighted their management was. They had all the deals with all the studios and allowed Netflix to kill them. Reminds me of Kodak - the inventors of digital photography driven into bankruptcy by digital photography.
Have you ever heard of Polaroid?

Reactions: BMC

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The officer will be fine, he was treated and released. These idiots were everywhere, did hit and runs in a couple places. There were even guys with pickup trucks that helped them evade police. :mad:
My wife was crossing a street in Cambridge, on the crosswalk NOT looking at her phone. She stopped and waited for a pickup truck to stop, he did but then hit the gas while she was in front of him... I saw the security video from Harvard University. I can't tell the rest of the story but it was not pretty. Suggestion: If you're ever hit by a PU truck and police and ambulance arrive realize that you're in shock and feel fine because your brain sends out chemicals to temporarily block the pain. She is a manager and only thought about her meetings. Refused the sweet ride in the ambulance to the hospital, went to work and the IT hit her a second time.
I can't give the details of the damage but this happened a few months ago and she is still suffering from the "accident." Guys who drive pickups to look "cool" are *******! If you need one, buy one if you're simply driving around in one to be a **** consider a Yugo!

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
My wife was crossing a street in Cambridge, on the crosswalk NOT looking at her phone. She stopped and waited for a pickup truck to stop, he did but then hit the gas while she was in front of him... I saw the security video from Harvard University. I can't tell the rest of the story but it was not pretty. Suggestion: If you're ever hit by a PU truck and police and ambulance arrive realize that you're in shock and feel fine because your brain sends out chemicals to temporarily block the pain. She is a manager and only thought about her meetings. Refused the sweet ride in the ambulance to the hospital, went to work and the IT hit her a second time.
I can't give the details of the damage but this happened a few months ago and she is still suffering from the "accident." Guys who drive pickups to look "cool" are *******! If you need one, buy one if you're simply driving around in one to be a **** consider a Yugo!

Holy crap!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Another sign I`m getting old, have a rep from a Sleep company coming today to get me started on the path to start using a CPAC machine.....ugg

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Omg Strafer! I’m sending healing vibes your wife’s way. This is just awful

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for the first time ever.

I tried to cancel my membership to my old gym back in November. Called, they said I needed to come in and cancel in person, which is a total pain in the ass because I don't work out there anymore so would require a specific trip. I go in, talk to the guy at the front desk, he gives me an email address and tells me that I need to send an email as well as coming in. I send the email, never hear anything (which isn't surprising given how terrible the customer service and general member experience had gotten at this location), and didn't think anything of it. I figured that the cancellation wouldn't be processed in time for the December billing cycle, but it should have been cancelled for January.

Well, I'm an idiot and wasn't monitoring my account closely enough and I kept getting charged. I call the gym over a week ago and talk to an associate who tells me that he sees my cancellation request but it never went through. He can see in my record that the request was looked at, but no action was taken. He leaves a note for the GM to call me back. Fast forward a week, and I haven't heard. I call back again, talk to the same guy who has no idea what to tell me since he left a message for the GM. He leaves another message for the GM, and gives me the corporate number to call. I call corporate, they tell me I need to deal directly with the club. I tell them the story, so Corporate emails both the GM and the Business Development Manager on my behalf. This was Friday morning, and still no call. This morning I call the club AGAIN, ask to speak to the General Manager by name, and get put through to voicemail.

I'm done. BBB can take it from here.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for the first time ever.

I tried to cancel my membership to my old gym back in November. Called, they said I needed to come in and cancel in person, which is a total pain in the ass because I don't work out there anymore so would require a specific trip. I go in, talk to the guy at the front desk, he gives me an email address and tells me that I need to send an email as well as coming in. I send the email, never hear anything (which isn't surprising given how terrible the customer service and general member experience had gotten at this location), and didn't think anything of it. I figured that the cancellation wouldn't be processed in time for the December billing cycle, but it should have been cancelled for January.

Well, I'm an idiot and wasn't monitoring my account closely enough and I kept getting charged. I call the gym over a week ago and talk to an associate who tells me that he sees my cancellation request but it never went through. He can see in my record that the request was looked at, but no action was taken. He leaves a note for the GM to call me back. Fast forward a week, and I haven't heard. I call back again, talk to the same guy who has no idea what to tell me since he left a message for the GM. He leaves another message for the GM, and gives me the corporate number to call. I call corporate, they tell me I need to deal directly with the club. I tell them the story, so Corporate emails both the GM and the Business Development Manager on my behalf. This was Friday morning, and still no call. This morning I call the club AGAIN, ask to speak to the General Manager by name, and get put through to voicemail.

What you are experiencing is borderline fraud. I'd threaten to sue and they'll process the request pretty quickly. IMHO, BBB is mostly useless - I've dealt with them before. They would help if the parties want to deal in good faith, but they have no other abilities. Good luck! Let us know if BBB helps.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

That's awful! Hopefully they're able to identify the guy and go after him. How the hell could someone do something like that???

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Can anyone help me identify some signatures on a jersey? They are from the 1999 NHL all star game. I'm 99% sure one of them is John LeClair, but I can't tell the other one. I'm sure it's from the North America team but it's somewhat faded so I can't tell. Maybe we have some experts here!

Attachments

• NHLSignature1.jpg
    NHLSignature1.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 7
  • NHLSignature2.jpg
    NHLSignature2.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 7

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
What you are experiencing is borderline fraud. I'd threaten to sue and they'll process the request pretty quickly. IMHO, BBB is mostly useless - I've dealt with them before. They would help if the parties want to deal in good faith, but they have no other abilities. Good luck! Let us know if BBB helps.

Thanks. Yeah, we'll see how it goes. I have plenty of lawyer friends that I can call upon if it comes to that. If I don't hear something soon I'll escalate.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

This is why they get people hooked on teaser monthly rates. Then they pull crap like this to make it really painful to cancel and hope that they forget so they can keep charging

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Thanks. Yeah, we'll see how it goes. I have plenty of lawyer friends that I can call upon if it comes to that. If I don't hear something soon I'll escalate.
BBB is not really fast - is it 14 business days or a month? If I remember correctly.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
This is why they get people hooked on teaser monthly rates. Then they pull crap like this to make it really painful to cancel and hope that they forget so they can keep charging

I was a member there for years. I cancelled because the service and quality of the equipment and amenities had gone way downhill. There have been more boutique studios popping up in the area, and I'd much prefer to pay a higher price for a better experience so I decided to cut the cord.

They're charging me $40/month. It's noticeable.

Reactions: Chief Nine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille