OT: Off Topic 2018 part III - Here comes the heat again

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I hate the humidity but don't mind the heat, I think it is supposed to be not as humid tomorrow, let's hope anyways. It seems the older I get the more I can't tolerate the humidity. My favorite season is the fall and spring.
Used to love summer, but starting like 3 years ago, the second it gets over 90, I can't be outside. The heat just wipes me out. It sucks.

But yeah, fall is by far the best.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hate the humidity but don't mind the heat, I think it is supposed to be not as humid tomorrow, let's hope anyways. It seems the older I get the more I can't tolerate the humidity. My favorite season is the fall and spring.
I would easily take Winter over hot and humid.

I love Fall the best !

Reactions: Pia8988

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
My new Washinton subway card finally came today - ordered in June

I wish the T had done this

upload_2018-7-26_16-51-58.png

Reactions: BMC

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Hoping to visit Boston in October. Maybe catch a Bruins and a Celtics game. May move back to Boston in a few years. Too damn hot out here. Its either really hot or really cold no inbetween.

Weather lately been pissing me off too. 5 minutes it will be bright and sunny, then gloomy with a few rain drops, then sunny and hot again and then gloomy with a bunch of rain, thunder and wind, then it will end with it being scorching for the rest of the day

Reactions: Ladyfan

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Hello Y'all from the great state of Arizona! Long week winding down. 1500 miles on Tuesday and Wednesday. Made it to the Big Texan for a late dinner. @Kovi said the food was good, so it was worth the drive. Had a guy try the 72 oz. challenge but he threw in the towel. Made it to the new house on Wednesday night, and the movers came Thursday morning. Had the whole truck unpacked in a little over 3 hours. Hit a high of 116 yesterday, but no humidity at all. And in a case of having our priorities in order, got our internet installed this morning... Now it's just unpacking. Once I find my swim trunks, I think I'll take a dip in the pool, but I think the water temp is at least 90 so I'm not sure how refreshing it will be. I saw @Kate08 's post about vacation, and this feels like vacation, probably because everything is so new.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Hello Y'all from the great state of Arizona! Long week winding down. 1500 miles on Tuesday and Wednesday. Made it to the Big Texan for a late dinner. @Kovi said the food was good, so it was worth the drive. Had a guy try the 72 oz. challenge but he threw in the towel. Made it to the new house on Wednesday night, and the movers came Thursday morning. Had the whole truck unpacked in a little over 3 hours. Hit a high of 116 yesterday, but no humidity at all. And in a case of having our priorities in order, got our internet installed this morning... Now it's just unpacking. Once I find my swim trunks, I think I'll take a dip in the pool, but I think the water temp is at least 90 so I'm not sure how refreshing it will be. I saw @Kate08 's post about vacation, and this feels like vacation, probably because everything is so new.

have fun in that heat..............heart its gonna be record highs

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
2800 miles in a rental truck towing a car....my leg swelled up and my body is shredded. but starting to rebound a little each day.
The house is amazing and the people are so nice here.
We went from 780 sq. feet to 4000.....we are still food shopping like we live in an apartment :laugh:
Its like stepping onto a pretty cool new planet......wow

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
2800 miles in a rental truck towing a car....my leg swelled up and my body is shredded. but starting to rebound a little each day.
The house is amazing and the people are so nice here.
We went from 780 sq. feet to 4000.....we are still food shopping like we live in an apartment :laugh:
Its like stepping onto a pretty cool new planet......wow

you got this, remember one thing, a home that is 4000 sq. feet requires the appropriate size TV/Screen to watch Bruin games on. To he** with food, get a projector screen and eat KD for a while:laugh:

Congrats again and happiest of futures to you both

Mrs Odaat and I are in the midst of packing our belongings as we are heading to Victoria BC, can`t wait, going to miss Nova Scotia and our friends but great opportunities and family await us in BC.

Funny, in my 20`s and 30`s, my goal was to put as much of a geographical buffer between myself and my family, now, the exact opposite. While I have lost both my parents in recent years, my lovely bride`s entire family is out West and we made the decision that to spend quality time with them while we still have the chance (all are healthy, but now`s the time) is a gift

I`m terribly fortunate, Mrs Odaat`s family are wonderful, thankfully I have no horror stories that I hear from my friends about their in laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille