OT: Off Topic 2018 part III - Here comes the heat again

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Where on the Cape are you going? My wife's parents have a place in Dennis, so we go there pretty much every year.
New Seabury (Mashpee).

My mother's family had a cottage down there since the 70's. My grandfather left it to the kids after he passed away a few years ago, and that they finally sold this year because 2 of the 5 siblings wanted to get out from under it.

My mom used the proceeds and bought a 2 BR, 1.5 bath condo in one of the private neighborhoods up the road from where the cottage was this past May. They are renting it 8 weeks of the summer, but my wife and I and my parents split the remaining few weeks.

My wife is also from the Cape and we use her mother's hosue in Harwich every now and then if she's on vacation.

Reactions: LSCII

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
So I dont know where to post this but anyone going to WC? Any bruins busses leaving Chicago? Any ideas? Flights aren't bad, tickets aren't bad, hotels are fine but how the f*** do I get to that stadium .

Reactions: eightspokedb

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
New Seabury (Mashpee).

My mother's family had a cottage down there since the 70's. My grandfather left it to the kids after he passed away a few years ago, and that they finally sold this year because 2 of the 5 siblings wanted to get out from under it.

My mom used the proceeds and bought a 2 BR, 1.5 bath condo in one of the private neighborhoods up the road from where the cottage was this past May. They are renting it 8 weeks of the summer, but my wife and I and my parents split the remaining few weeks.

My wife is also from the Cape and we use her mother's hosue in Harwich every now and then if she's on vacation.

We went to Naukabout brewing in mashpee on our way down. Great spot, definitely check it out if you haven’t been.

Last time we were in cape we did cape cod, Barnstable brewing, and devils purse. Banrstable was awesome and we heard it’s expanded since we were there so may check it out on way home.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
So I dont know where to post this but anyone going to WC? Any bruins busses leaving Chicago? Any ideas? Flights aren't bad, tickets aren't bad, hotels are fine but how the **** do I get to that stadium .

I know a couple of Bruins bars there are exploring options. They are looking at an 8 AM departure from Chi because of time zone change

Reactions: Alicat

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
We went to Naukabout brewing in mashpee on our way down. Great spot, definitely check it out if you haven’t been.

Last time we were in cape we did cape cod, Barnstable brewing, and devils purse. Banrstable was awesome and we heard it’s expanded since we were there so may check it out on way home.

Yeah been meaning to go, we drive by it everytime we go down to the house.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
So I dont know where to post this but anyone going to WC? Any bruins busses leaving Chicago? Any ideas? Flights aren't bad, tickets aren't bad, hotels are fine but how the **** do I get to that stadium .
I might be going.

I was thinking of renting a car and driving from Chicago but it looks like you can take a bus from either Chicago airport to Notre Dame for $75 round trip.

Once you get to that area, I’m sure you can Uber to a nearby hotel

I should really ask my brother in law who went to Loyola Chicago to see if he knows of any cheapish options.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
need some help here.

Does anyone know how to change the phone number receipts are sent to by Foursquare??
Ive never gotten any receipts on my purchases and by chance I saw the screen of a my purchase last week and its becasue the wrong phone number is in there. Anyone know how to change it???

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I am not a happy camper right now.

I had been working with an old Boston friend who owns a bar in Chicago that caters to Boston sports fans - NESN is on house sound - to run a couple of buses to South Bend for the Winter Classic. People had to buy their own tickets to the game but we planned to have ample cold beverages available on the bus. However his landlord who is based in Los Angeles jacked his rent up to an impossible level - the bar isn't that big.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...d=0ahUKEwjDqbuO6LrcAhXI0FMKHZQ4AXoQoB8IjQEwCg

Brendan’s Pub To Close For Good After Rent Hiked To $10K A Month, Owner Says Lakeview Isn’t ‘Rodeo Drive’

The bar was my oasis when I was living in Chicago ten years ago when I took a job with the Blackhawks to help train people how to televise hockey and it was a true Boston sports bar 1,000 miles from home.

:cry:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My daughter and her boyfriend are going.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I am not a happy camper right now.

I had been working with an old Boston friend who owns a bar in Chicago that caters to Boston sports fans - NESN is on house sound - to run a couple of buses to South Bend for the Winter Classic. People had to buy their own tickets to the game but we planned to have ample cold beverages available on the bus. However his landlord who is based in Los Angeles jacked his rent up to an impossible level - the bar isn't that big.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x880fd3a6a382f75f:0x2963d42384d0465e!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4s/maps/place/brendans+pub+chicago/@41.9396711,-87.6442498,3a,75y,206.88h,90t/data=*213m4*211e1*213m2*211s5em-frr7W3k4P8rM0Owa2A*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x880fd3a6a382f75f:0x2963d42384d0465e!5sbrendans+pub+chicago+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e2!2s5em-frr7W3k4P8rM0Owa2A&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDqbuO6LrcAhXI0FMKHZQ4AXoQoB8IjQEwCg

Brendan’s Pub To Close For Good After Rent Hiked To $10K A Month, Owner Says Lakeview Isn’t ‘Rodeo Drive’

The bar was my oasis when I was living in Chicago ten years ago when I took a job with the Blackhawks to help train people how to televise hockey and it was a true Boston sports bar 1,000 miles from home.

:cry:

That blows.

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Some guy got arrested for trying to criminally impersonate Jeremy Jacobs. I had to work hard not to fall out of my chair laughing.

Conn. man allegedly impersonates Bruins owner to get special treatment on tree work - The Boston Globe

jacobs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad