OT: Off Topic 2018 part III - Here comes the heat again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Anybody remember what the previous name of Whiskey Priest was?

A good friend of mine was back in Boston a few months ago made a telling remark after I told him you won't believe how this city has changed since you went to school here. He replied 'My daughter was complaining how the Boston she went to school in had changed'. She graduated in 2017.

Whiskey Priest patrons soak up final moments

090218WhiskyPriestjm06.jpg

Boston drinkers made a pilgrimage to the Seaport yesterday to administer last rites to Whiskey Priest, which was formally shuttered last night.

“I’m here to have one last beer,” Brittany Readel said as she headed inside.

The 8-year-old Whiskey Priest wasn’t very old as Boston bars go, but it quickly became popular with its harborside roofdeck and city skyline view — before that was shut off by the booming district’s condo and office towers. People knocking back a few last beers yesterday said they mourn its closing because it’s the only casual, affordable joint in the ever-more-pricey area.

“There’s no more neighborhood spots around here,” said Joe Shutt, who used to come to the Priest with his wife when they worked at the World Trade Center nearby.

Seaport Bar and Grille.

And Atlantic Beer Garden was a Chinese food restaurant called Eastern Pier II

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Seaport Bar and Grille.

And Atlantic Beer Garden was a Chinese food restaurant called Eastern Pier II

Thanks

A bunch of us went there every Sunday in the early 90's as they would have the Pats games that were blacked out. There was nothing down there to speak of and the now Courthouse Station on the Silver Line was designed because that is where it was assumed the new stadium would be.

4182004054_a480a7cfaa_b.jpg

It all changed when Frank McCourt gave Rupert Murdoch the land as part of his buying the Dodgers and Rupert flipped the land almost overnight and the Seaport was born.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I got Adam Schefter’s new book in audiobook format (he reads the book) and it’s even more powerful than I was expecting.

It’s about his wife’s first husband who passed away on 9/11 and the journey she went on to pick up the pieces that ultimately lead to them to each other.

I realize it may not be everyone’s cup of tea but for those who are interested, I strongly recommend it.

Reactions: Kovi and Fenway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->