Celtics/NBA Off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Not a bad contract, the man can play defense.

Problem is he’s just a role player and if you want to win a championship you can’t pay role players that type of money. Pretty much just guaranteed you won’t win a championship unless he’s traded.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Curious why would you love him?

He is the softest big man I ever recall seeing and cant play D

He is basically a less talented , softer and more defensively inept version of Keith Van Horne

I honestly feel bad putting KVH in same sentence as Lauri ,, KVH early in his career could ball

Hope things work out for you guys if that is case

The lack of interest in Markkanen this offseason says alot.. Hell Bulls tried to unload him at TDL and found no takers

I’ve always liked him but in terms of the Celtics it’s been a long time since they’ve had a player with size that can legitimately score and also they’ve been incredibly shallow depth wise for a few years now. Markkanen wouldn’t be relied on as a top option and would add that scoring depth to the lineup.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I like the Schroeder move . I expect Time Lord to take a massive step forward this year.Can just feel he is about to hit that next level very soon.

Reactions: HustleB

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Celtics agree to $54M extension with Williams

4/54 for TimeLord. If he can give us 60-65 games a year + playoffs I will be thrilled with that deal

I agree CDJ, if, let me say it again "IF," he can give the Celtics 60 games plus the playoffs, but he won't and can't. I hope I am wrong. This contract is too rich because he can't stay healthy and is a slow healer. Maybe he should take care of his body better, I hope he is. He is great when he can play and impacts the Celtics in a good way when he plays healthy.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Another one of those " God - I feel old " reminders - 29 years ago today this happened:

I never saw Larry play, I was too young, I would've been 5 years old at the time. But I actually do remember that day because it was huge news. If I recall correctly we were at a campground and literally everyone was talking about it because of how big a deal it was.

I often wonder if the reason I don't have the same connection to the Celtics and the NBA that I do with the other 3 teams in town is because of the state of all the teams at the moment I started following sports. It was about 94-95 that I became aware of our sports teams. The Patriots were exciting and promising under Parcells and Bledsoe, the Bruins still had Oates/Neely/Bourque, the Sox won a division with Mo Vaughn and Roger Clemens that year, and the Celtics were bland and boring. Even in NBA Jam on my SNES all they had was Dee Brown and Eric Montross. Maybe that lack of excitement imprinted on me early so I don't have the care for them that I do for the Bruins, etc. If I were 3 years older and saw Bird/McHale as my intro to basketball maybe I'd think differently.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Is there a legit chance the Celtics get Markkanen? That's a move I'd LOVE

Markkanen has been traded to Cleveland as part of a 3-team deal.

Here's how the deal breaks down:

to Cleveland: Lauri Markkanen ( from Chicago )

to Chicago: Derrick Jones Jr. and a 2022 1st round pick ( lottery protected ) from Portland plus Denver's 2023 2nd round pick ( from Cleveland )

to Portland: Larry Nance Jr. ( from Cleveland )

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Looks like CBS Sports agrees with you - they gave Portland an A- grade for the deal while Cleveland got a C and Chicago got a B+.

Why the Warriors, Knicks, Bulls and Clippers are among the toughest teams to forecast for 2021-22 NBA season

he just brings a lot more to the table than Lauri does, especially now that he’s starting to stretch the floor. Only thing Lauri does better is score the ball, but there’s a lot more to being a big than that in today’s game unfortunately

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Tatum seems to be bulking up

upload_2021-9-1_10-10-12.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad