Celtics/NBA Off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Shit you ain’t wrong. That is by far the biggest he’s ever looked. He’s going to be able to absorb a lot of contact at the rim now, hopefully his quickness and shooting won’t be impacted too much
I’d love to see him get more aggressive at the rim. This would add another element to his toolkit. He usually presses then snaps back for a quick jumper. Lots of opponents anticipate it.

Reactions: Mione134

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Does that clear a roster spot for perhaps another vet min move?

rumors always had them moving Dunn but I’ve always had a soft spot for him

Hernangomez can stretch the floor a little. Decent deep rotation big to have, they didn’t really have anybody other than Al that could do what he does

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Looks like a lot more depth, and a lot more ability for Ime Udoka to mix and match depending on the opponent and game situation.

I like it. I think Brad's doing a pretty decent job.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from hoopsrumors.com:

The Grizzlies have traded away their own 2026 second-round pick, but control the rights to either Indiana’s or Miami’s pick (whichever is most favorable). The swap with Boston will likely allow them to trade that pick for the Celtics’ 2026 second-rounder if they so choose.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Looks like a lot more depth, and a lot more ability for Ime Udoka to mix and match depending on the opponent and game situation.

I like it. I think Brad's doing a pretty decent job.

No homers but he’s spraying line drives all over the park

We will see how he drafts but he’s giving me more confidence than Ainge did last year. No huge risks taken while legitimately making the team better

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Just read a funny story that Shawn Kemp told during some interview he did recently.

Kemp broke Larry Bird's Indiana high school scoring records, then when the Sonics came to Boston for the first time after he was drafted, Bird came up to him during warmups and said "You're the kid who broke my records? Just watch, I got something for you tonight", then he proceeded to casually dump 40 points on him that game

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Liked Arcidiacano in college

Kinda like Mathews as an NBA bench player. He had moments of usefulness last year

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
He might get barred from playing home games in NYC this year
NervousElaborateAztecant-size_restricted.gif

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Kyrie is liking anti-vax conspiracy theory shit on instagram

He might get barred from playing home games in NYC this year, which would be great.

Well it was about time for another " he's bat**it crazy " story about Irving:

from rollingstone.com:

When asked directly about Irving’s vaccination status — or his plans to change it — multiple people familiar with his thinking declined to answer directly. But one confidant and family member floated to Rolling Stone the idea of anti-vaxx players skipping home games to dodge the New York City ordinance… or at least threatening to protest them, until the NBA changes its ways.

“There are so many other players outside of him who are opting out, I would like to think they would make a way,” says Kyrie’s aunt, Tyki Irving, who runs the seven-time All-Star’s family foundation and is one of the few people in his regular circle of advisors. “It could be like every third game. So it still gives you a full season of being interactive and being on the court, but with the limitations that they’re, of course, oppressing upon you. There can be some sort of formula where the NBA and the players can come to some sort of agreement.”

A spokeswoman for Irving declined to respond to a list of questions regarding his vaccination and playing status, and Irving did not immediately respond to a message from Rolling Stone. But as teams return to pre-season training camps next week, fifty to sixty NBA players have yet to receive a single vaccine dose, league sources tell RS. Most are considered merely reluctant skeptics. Some of the holdouts, however, amount to their own shadow roster of anti-vaxxers mounting a behind-the-scenes resistance to Covid protocols — and the truth.

Irving, who serves as a vice president on the executive committee of the players’ union, recently started following and liking Instagram posts from a conspiracy theorist who claims that “secret societies” are implanting vaccines in a plot to connect Black people to a master computer for “a plan of Satan.” This Moderna microchip misinformation campaign has spread across multiple NBA locker rooms and group chats, according to several of the dozen-plus current players, Hall-of-Famers, league executives, arena workers and virologists interviewed for this story over the past week.

Full story: The NBA's Anti-Vaxxers Are Trying to Push Around the League--And It's Working

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Are we shocked that the man that doesn’t believe the Earth is round also doesn’t believe in the vaccine?

We need to give Irving and Carl Everett their own show. Watching those 2 goofs discussing whether or not dinosaurs roamed the flat earth is a reality show I would actually watch. :nod:

Reactions: CDJ

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from espn.com:

New Boston Celtics head coach Ime Udoka has a breakthrough case of COVID-19 and participated in the team's media day on Monday through Zoom.

Celtics spokesman Christian Megliola said Udoka, who is vaccinated, was asymptomatic and in the last day of his 10-day quarantine. Udoka is expected to be in person with the team when training camp starts on Tuesday, Megliola said.

Udoka, 43, was hired this summer to replace Brad Stevens, who stepped down as coach in June to replace Danny Ainge running the franchise's basketball operations. Udoka was an assistant with the Brooklyn Nets last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad