Celtics/NBA Off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hilarious how people still don’t get how unrestricted free agency works

also the fact that they are in on Turner this off-season kind of lends 100% credibility to that “they were negotiating when Charlotte parachuted in with a big offer” timeline fwiw

Also I still don’t want Turner

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Don’t really know if there is a center problem, I’m fine with Horford/TimeLord there next year

Semi signed with the Bucks
TimeLord hasn't played more than a dozen games in a row in any point in his career. And while I like AL, he is not close to what he used to be and has a ton of miles on him. Both there centers have serious concerns about durability. Not sure how anyone can be okay with their center situation

Reactions: Maine Fan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
TimeLord hasn't played more than a dozen games in a row in any point in his career. And while I like AL, he is not close to what he used to be and has a ton of miles on him. Both there centers have serious concerns about durability. Not sure how anyone can be okay with their center situation

Sign a cheap 3C, boom. Completely fine with it. Maybe a Khem Birch, although his play in Toronto may have lifted his tag

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
trade proposal : john Moore, chris wagner, vaakanen, debrusk to arizona for barrett hayton & christian dvorak
Centre position solved for now and the future for the boston bruins

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Horford had good numbers last year

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Horford had good numbers last year
I'm just saying the fact that he's older and has a played a ton of mins in his career, means in all likelihood he is going to need to be on mins limit and need night's off.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Sign a cheap 3C, boom. Completely fine with it. Maybe a Khem Birch, although his play in Toronto may have lifted his tag
That would be a good start because if they go into the season with Horford and TimeLord I feel like there are going to be nights when neither is available

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Hilarious how people still don’t get how unrestricted free agency works

also the fact that they are in on Turner this off-season kind of lends 100% credibility to that “they were negotiating when Charlotte parachuted in with a big offer” timeline fwiw

Also I still don’t want Turner
You allow teams to jump in late with big offers when you are fumbling around trying to squeeze every last drop of blood out of a trade.

Even if you hate Turner, I would rather have him here as a trade chip, not to mention the 1st and McDermott as oppose to the TPE which turned into Fournier (who was a bit of a bust) who is now gone anyway

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
upload_2021-8-3_14-1-55.png

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Since Ray Allen left to go to the Heat the Celtics have paid the tax once, they have only missed the playoffs one time during this time as well. This is what worries me long term, Wyc talks a good game about being willing to spend the tax but when the time comes to do it there's always moves made to clear money so they don't have to. They dumped Theis, getting no draft picks in return, just two cheap expiring contracts so they wouldn't have to pay the tax. I like Stevens and think he can bring a new perspective to basketball operations but i also think Wyc kept him around because he didn't want to be pay Stevens for the next 6 years to work somewhere else. The Celtics are a historic franchise, in a demanding city and are run like they're the Kansas City Royals

It is pretty disgraceful tbh. Now obviously they were in on guys like KD and he just didn’t pick them so maybe they have been willing to do this, but it’s been 9 years now if what you say is true about since Allen left. You think about those ECF years and, fluky or not, they made the ECF with a fairly limited roster and more pieces may have put them over the top.

I believe they splurge next offseason when I see it.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
good thing Tatum is locked up long term, Beal can recruit all he wants

Beal is the one who isn’t locked up long term and has been playing for a loser, not Tatum fwiw

Beal would be great here but let’s see if he is actually willing to leave

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The Celtics ( along with the Warriors and Knicks ) will be wearing special throwback uniforms during the upcoming NBA's 75th season.

from cbssports.com:

nike-nba-classic-edition-2021-22.jpg

celtics-nike-jerseys-nba-classic-edition-2021-22.jpg

The Celtics uniforms are very similar to what the team wore back in 1946. Both the "Celtics" script and number are green while there is also a shiny finish on the graphics throughout the uniform.

In addition, the shorts feature a white four-leaf clover that lays on top of a shiny green background.

Full story: LOOK: Nike releases throwback uniforms for Warriors, Celtics, Knicks in honor of NBA's 75th anniversary season

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Beal would be great here but let’s see if he is actually willing to leave
Agreed. Celtics don't have a great history of luring FAs. While they have a nice draw with him and Tatum being buds back to HS, I'll believe it when I see it. Seems like the Celtics are never the bride and always the bridesmaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad