Celtics/NBA Off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I mean like I said earlier it’s pretty obvious what the plan is, and that’s to have as little on the books as possible entering next off-season

Yes well he is linked to a pile different players.Not a big fan of the way this team is run.You have a superstar in Tatum and another stud in Brown and TimeLord is going to be a stud for sure.Build around them 3 with more size and defensive players .Celtics Linked to I T now.How in the hell does bringing him back help? He will just be taking alot of shots thus less ball in Tatums hands and when Celtics are without ball and him on floor its like 5 on 4.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yes well he is linked to a pile different players.Not a big fan of the way this team is run.You have a superstar in Tatum and another stud in Brown and Tine Lord is going to be a stud for sure.Build around them 3 with more size and defensive players .Celtics Linked to I T now.How in the hell does bringing him back help? He will just be taking alot of shots thus less ball in Tatums hands and when Celtics are without ball and him on floor its like 5 on 4.

he’ll be on a cheap one year deal, that’s how he’ll help

also I think building around timelord would not be shrewd given that he can’t stay healthy. I love him but he’s a luxury more than he is a #3 player on a title team

Reactions: Maine Fan

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

also I think building around timelord would not be shrewd given that he can’t stay healthy. I love him but he’s a luxury more than he is a #3 player on a title team

I do not like it.Leave him where he is.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Sign me up.

At least he'll bring some heart to the team. They always overperformed when he was on the court. I know he's not what he was 4 years ago, but hey, why not? What's there to lose?
I don't care if he plays on wooden stilts. Even then, we know he will go 100% every game. Every minute. I'll GLADLY take IT back. No question about it.

Reactions: GloveSave1

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I believe Dinwiddie is close to Jaylen. He would also represent an actual point guard which is neat

highly doubt they actually pursue him, I bet they’re not all that interested even if I think the player fits

Reactions: N o o d l e s

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Glad they didn’t lock him in for 4 years at that number. Empty books going forward, no bad contracts. That’s the only way to proceed at this point. It should work out too, players will want to play with Jaylen + Jayson as they enter their primes. Also wouldn’t shock me if Udoka ends up popular with guys around the league. It seems like he has a lot of respect from players leaguewide through his time with the Spurs and Team USA. Gotta be a chill guy to pull Nia Long

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I just don't see how it's a good idea to tank a season just for the chance of signing Beal. This is Bradley Beal we're talking about, great scorer but not a top 10 player. I also think he will stay in Washington, 241 million reasons for him to.

You could easily move the Fournier contract if you get a commitment from Beal, Wyc just doesn't want to pay the tax

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Some guy named Fournier just signed for the Bruins 2021-22 cap

He must be incredible

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I just don't see how it's a good idea to tank a season just for the chance of signing Beal. This is Bradley Beal we're talking about, great scorer but not a top 10 player. I also think he will stay in Washington, 241 million reasons for him to.

You could easily move the Fournier contract if you get a commitment from Beal, Wyc just doesn't want to pay the tax

don’t know if it’s even solely about Beal, and even then I don’t really see an avenue for them to be meaningfully better than last year unless the young studs take another step. Swapping Fournier out for Richardson is probably a slight downgrade if the Celtics go back to ball movement and let Richardson handle the ball a little. Outside of that deal they don’t really have any money to sign anybody all that impactful

wouldn’t necessarily call it a tank because I think they’ll try to get in the playoffs, but they aren’t a true title contender. But I didn’t expect them to be next season and keeping the sheets clean at least gives them the chance to add another max guy and create a team with a championship ceiling

If Tatum and Brown ball this year and the nets don’t win I bet KD gives them real consideration. Younger, fresher legs entering their primes that he can lead. He’s one of those rare NBA superstars that has given thought to playing in Boston before. Usually we aren’t even on the table due to weather, taxes, pressure and nightlife

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

We are on the same page. Time Lord is a big big risk, could ruin a season. Injury prone & long term healing time. I am not sure he takes proper care of his body, not into health. He is an injury waiting to happen. Glad we agree.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Sign me up.

At least he'll bring some heart to the team. They always overperformed when he was on the court. I know he's not what he was 4 years ago, but hey, why not? What's there to lose?

A spot that might be more productive. Just saying. Celtic's aren't an old folks home, hopefully. IT must be cheap for one year.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Sign me up.

Really though? That seems more to me like a move to distract from the fact they’re just gonna be an average team

Reactions: Maine Fan

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I think the Celtics could make the conference finals with the right moves and actually having a healthy roster but with Fournier going to the Knicks and some good depth pieces already on other teams that opportunity looks to be gone. Richardson had one season with the Heat where he was close to Fournier but he's been dumped by his last two teams after a season, it will be a noticeable drop off. The KD stuff just isn't realistic.

Since Ray Allen left to go to the Heat the Celtics have paid the tax once, they have only missed the playoffs one time during this time as well. This is what worries me long term, Wyc talks a good game about being willing to spend the tax but when the time comes to do it there's always moves made to clear money so they don't have to. They dumped Theis, getting no draft picks in return, just two cheap expiring contracts so they wouldn't have to pay the tax. I like Stevens and think he can bring a new perspective to basketball operations but i also think Wyc kept him around because he didn't want to be pay Stevens for the next 6 years to work somewhere else. The Celtics are a historic franchise, in a demanding city and are run like they're the Kansas City Royals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad