OT: Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hckytwn

Don't do it Kenny...
Jul 9, 2010
Seattle, WA
Who gets bought out with their amnesty clauses from other teams?

I've only heard that Van is buying out Booth and Bieksa. We could use Booth but I'm curious as to what other teams are doing there.

Once that question is answered, I'd then project what I'd like to happen.

I'll believe it when i see it, but if Bieksa is available then Holland needs to make it his #1 priority to land him. Trade Q if need be to free up the cap space.

Booth is just hurt too much. Don't really want/need him. If we go for a forward, there are better option in my opinion.

Hckytwn

Don't do it Kenny...
Jul 9, 2010
Seattle, WA
Flip has proven he is a worthless bum. He needs to be let go.

No kidding. What an abysmal season he put in, huh? Makes me angry.

But, regardless if folks think Fil redeemable or not, I think it's undeniable we can replace his goal scoring with a bigger, stronger forward relatively easy this year.

Word is that Fil wants ~$5M? :laugh: Instead of resigning him, put that money to a Horton, Clowe, Clarkson, Bickell, Morrow, etc. All of them are bigger, meaner and can match Fil's output. And frankly, there won't be as many buyers this year due to the cap reduction... I think the FA prices will be the lowest we've seen them.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Aaron Ward, who has got some player inside info thought Clarkson would sign in Detroit, especially now when Detroit is going east.

People may think what they want but Clarkson, for this team, will bring A LOT more than Filppula, filppula is probably the more skilled player but wings need other things than skill atm

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
Aaron Ward, who has got some player inside info thought Clarkson would sign in Detroit, especially now when Detroit is going east.

People may think what they want but Clarkson, for this team, will bring A LOT more than Filppula, filppula is probably the more skilled player but wings need other things than skill atm

Where did you read this?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Clarkson would be sweet and probably can be had for around $4,500,000 maybe over 4 or 5 years and let Filppula walk either Horton or Weiss would be nice as well.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I think Franzen needs to go too. His shtick has gotten real old and the cap recapture clause is way too brutal.

I would rather have somebody who gives 100% every shift. Patrick Sharp is 31 and proves how worthless Franzen is.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
I think Franzen needs to go too. His shtick has gotten real old and the cap recapture clause is way too brutal.

I would rather have somebody who gives 100% every shift. Patrick Sharp is 31 and proves how worthless Franzen is.

Unless Holland signs him up for dogsledding lessons, we're stuck with him, his contract makes him untradeable.

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
I'll believe it when i see it, but if Bieksa is available then Holland needs to make it his #1 priority to land him. Trade Q if need be to free up the cap space.

Booth is just hurt too much. Don't really want/need him. If we go for a forward, there are better option in my opinion.

It's Ballard who is likely being bought out. I messed up and picked the wrong 2nd line defenseman for the Canucks.

Although with Vancouver going through their restructuring, Bieksa might be available and the general public doesn't know it yet.

I agree about Booth, he's injured a lot but he's good enough to be top 6 if he doesn't get injured. Feel sorry for the guy, I think he's a good enough player to take a shot on if he was healthy.

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
I was looking at amnestying him.

There are some good candidates for that amnesty. I don't know if Franzen is the most pressing need though for that. If his act gets too bad, Babcock just sends him to the 3rd line.

Sammy needs to be bought out, no excuse not to. That puts us around 14 mil and then Holland can use the other buyout wherever else he wants to. Sammy has no spot on this team, not on the 3rd line, not on the 4th line and most definitely not in the top 6.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
1. I don't want to see Filp play for this team any longer. He has absolutely no heart and brings nothing to the table come playoff time.

2. Smith is looking like a fantastic bust

3. Let Tatar play the entire season.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
Buy out or trade Tootoo.

I like his game but if Babcock won't play him there's no point in wasting $2 mil of cap space in the press box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad