OT: Off Season Stuff and Whatnot

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Would you sacrifice Geno to make Marchand-Crosby-MacKinnon happen?
tumblr_o92hzklGpc1rdutw3o1_400.gif

Reactions: Turin

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Definitely makes the robo-pigeon look likely as the alternate jersey...

endlesspuking.gif

Some things deserve to stay dead.

It just looks like a stylized penguin to me, but I can see why you'd make the association. I don't hate the robo-logo, but it's pretty era specific design wise. It would have to be updated, something like this, maybe ...

Reactions: BladeRunner66

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
It just looks like a stylized penguin to me, but I can see why you'd make the association. I don't hate the robo-logo, but it's pretty era specific design wise. It would have to be updated, something like this, maybe ...

So...the pigeon mated with a boat?

I actually like the robo pigeon but that's just me lol

Personally I find it visually reprehensible, but even if I could look past that the connection of it to Howard Baldwin completely makes it impossible for me to even look at without seething rage.

I definitely get why it'll be a fun throwback to a generation that didn't come of age with it, but there's too much drama I have no interest in revisiting that comes attached to that logo/those jerseys. The blue jerseys carried similar weight to people who lived through that, but my mind lacked the instant association with failure that someone like my dad had with them.

Last edited:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
mario-lemieux-of-the-pittsburgh-penguins-skates-on-the-ice-during-picture-id53129236

I'd like to see them go with this one. Not the biggest fan of the robo Penguin (although, I could tolerate it), and the baby blues should be avoided at all costs.
That would be my first choice. I like the old school 'varsity' diagonal, but wouldn't be opposed to an updated robo look either.

Reactions: BHD

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
Theory:

Step 1: They announce the robo penguin.

Step 2: Lemieux returns for one final season from retirement.

Step 3: Enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Looks like a logo out of a ninja movie.

Reactions: DegenX

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
mario-lemieux-of-the-pittsburgh-penguins-skates-on-the-ice-during-picture-id53129236

I'd like to see them go with this one. Not the biggest fan of the robo Penguin (although, I could tolerate it), and the baby blues should be avoided at all costs.

I love our current one the best.

The baby blue is cursed. I do like it as a one off but someone will get injured if they wear it again.

Reactions: EightyOne

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
NHL farm system rankings: No. 23 Pittsburgh Penguins

Don't suppose anyone out there with an Athletic subscription can give us the jist of what's being said?

Nothing not already known.

Poor depth in the system due to trading away picks over the years to attempt deep playoff runs/fix holes in roster, but manage to still develop a few prospects from the top of their system into decent nhl players.

Reference the Guentzel's and the like, states Sprong should graduate this year, etc.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I know Pronman liked PIT's draft this year(Addison, Hallander) with the additions of Bellerive and some Militec thrown in with Sprong and they move from last on last years list to 23rd/

Yeah, he lists Sprong as the only “high end” prospect but Bellerive and Addison get solid marks and he thinks Hallander, ZAR, Johnson and Bjorkqvist have a chance at being a decent NHL player....everyone else is given pretty much no chance of being anything other than a depth player....

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Wasn't sure if I should make a new thread for this, but I'm thinking of cancelling my DirecTV plan as I never use it, but I'm just worried about how to watch games. How do other people out there do it?

Figured that classified as "offseason stuff" :laugh:

Reactions: ColePens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad