OT: Off Season Stuff and Whatnot

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
These are the Pens at an informal skate this morning at the Lemieux complex, this is quite a list. Surprised Cullen and the Swedes are in town. Juuso in there too:

Sid Crosby, Patric Hornqvist, Carl Hagelin, Derick Brassard, Jack Johnson, Chad Ruhwedel, Jake Guentzel, Olli Maatta, Jamie Oleksiak, Matt Cullen, Dominik Simon, Zach Aston-Reese, Juuso Riikola and Brian Dumoulin.

Looks like the guys are motivated and ready to get this season started.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
They’re starting to get into town and the countdown to the injury thread being opened begins.

No Letang, Murray, Schultz, Malkin, Kessel, Sheahan and Sprong.

With how tight this team is, I would have hoped for more of a turn out, I can understand with some of the young parents (Geno + Letang and his 2nd kid), but Sheahan, Kessel, etc should be there. They don't have to be, but they should be.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
They’re starting to get into town and the countdown to the injury thread being opened begins.

No Letang, Murray, Schultz, Malkin, Kessel, Sheahan and Sprong.

I almost left it open, but thought the better of it at the last minute. Just making sure everything is ready to go for next week ...
52pg35s.gif

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
I reached my limit for the gazette. Any standouts in the article?

He said he wasn't happy with his performance last season and he's spent time working on his glove hand and five-hole. He also talks about working on the other parts of his life (friendships, relationships, etc.) so he can be a better teammate. Also, he got Stanley Cup knuckle tattoos. Oh, and put on 7-8 pounds of muscle.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
He said he wasn't happy with his performance last season and he's spent time working on his glove hand and five-hole. He also talks about working on the other parts of his life (friendships, relationships, etc.) so he can be a better teammate. Also, he got Stanley Cup knuckle tattoos. Oh, and put on 7-8 pounds of muscle.

Thanks. Some stuff sounds similar to Jake with the off ice stuff. Jake’s brother is moving in with him from memory. He put on 10 pounds as well.

Young guys adjusting to being hockey players and adults :laugh:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
As it relates to the above picture.

Just wanted to post this for anyone who might want to see it. Kessel is a great guy and someone I would love to have a beer with one day. Very touching, short speech.

I wanted to post this on the main but figured it would just devolve into people making fun of Kessel.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
#fashionpolice

The issue is not the tie. A skinnier tie is fine... the problem is he's trying to use a spread collar with that tie. That's the problem. Can't go spread collar there.

And then you also MAY need to learn to tie a tie. :laugh: So let's recap for people like @Ogrezilla.

1) Don't go spread collar with a thinner tie.
2) Learn to tie a tie.
3) The tie.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
I see nothing wrong with how Phil is dressed. I would have no idea that he made a fashion faux pas. Of course I'm far from a fashionable person myself. I imagine when I'm walking around in my fitted suit thinking I look good, there's people snickering at me behind my back. "Look at this guy, those shoes with that suit? Plus you can't pull off that tie, come on man..." I'm not gonna lie, I have all of my ties tied up by someone else and they stay tied up because I have no idea how to tie one. But I can tie a fishing knot that will never break, so I've got that going for me....which is nice. And if anyone gives me grief about how I dress I just tell them they might dress better than me, but I look better naked.

I'm sure Phil doesn't care how he dresses either considering he could crush most of us with his wallet.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
#fashionpolice

The issue is not the tie. A skinnier tie is fine... the problem is he's trying to use a spread collar with that tie. That's the problem. Can't go spread collar there.

And then you also MAY need to learn to tie a tie. :laugh: So let's recap for people like @Ogrezilla.

1) Don't go spread collar with a thinner tie.
2) Learn to tie a tie.
3) The tie.

It's actually the wrong neck size for him. That or he has the tie too high. The collar should still be closer together in front. I've seen both style of ties used.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It's actually the wrong neck size for him. That or he has the tie too high. The collar should still be closer together in front. I've seen both style of ties used.

Wouldn't be surprised to find that if he buys off the shelf, he has to pick between something that fits his chest right and something that fits his neck right.

Not that it really matters, because all is forgiven to the Phil. Loved that speech.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad