OT: Off Season Stuff and Whatnot

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Didn't want this to get lost once the old cap thread was closed. Figured we needed a thread for random team related stuff. If someone has a better thread title, hit me me with it.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Sid did a Euro tour/vacation but of course brought Andy O'Brien with to train.

I know he hit up Davos/Switzerland, CzechRepublic, Portugal or Spain. Hit up Wimbeldon just before the tourney got started. Back in NS now training with Nate.

A pic of Sid training in Europe.(just one of my fave ones)

wAWfiG2.png

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

I know he hit up Davos/Switzerland, CzechRepublic, Portugal or Spain. Hit up Wimbeldon just before the tourney got started. Back in NS now training with Nate.

wAWfiG2.png
Sorry, but the pupper in the pic makes it for me :)

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Sid was at a gala last night for Nova Scotia's top 15 athletes. Sid finished #1. Al MacInnis #3. Marchand/MacKinnon not in the top 15 yet.

Here was the intro video.

If i see more clips around from the event where Sid was interviewed on stage, i'll post em up.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
That time of the year again for John Moore videos.
Sid was in St.Louis for a bit for Ruhwedel's wedding then shipped off to PIT for a bit then back home to train again.

ETA: I don't believe Simon is at these skates...
The kid potting Sid's assist at the end there is Halifax native Shane Bowers.

Last edited:

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015

wAWfiG2.png

Bit odd, the two white jerseys are Djurgården (Sweden).

Is he inviting players from around Europe?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Kind of funny that we're teaming up with former Pens brass in Buffalo and NJ. Is this the beginning of the formation of an Axis of Evil. :sarcasm:

We'll only know for sure when Buffalo and NJ trade Dahlin and Hall to us for a song (in return they get first cheap go at the remaining assets post-Sid&Geno).

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Would you sacrifice Geno to make Marchand-Crosby-MacKinnon happen?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
That ^ may give a hint to what the new 3rd jersey will be.(unless it's out already?)
eta: just checked briefly. nope, not yet.

eta: Also Happy 31st Birthday Sid!

Last edited:
Reactions: theicebox and Peat

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Fun little article from the Dallas News looking at why Oleksiak performed better here than at Dallas. Also gives some good zone exit stats for our forwards

Did Jamie Oleksiak improve with the Pittsburgh Penguins?

Not that my defensive career rivals anything of a NHL player, I can say confidence mattered so much to me. I think that picked up along with everything in the article making him a better player. The system helped him but the confidence built from it made him better as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad