Speculation: Off-Season Roster Build, Part Ad Nauseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think that deal could work but we will see. The Miller to the Blues chatter just will not go away. The Blues need to sign pietrangelo and stewart so something has to give. Oshie is probably the odd man out then. If they send Halak to say Edmonton or somewhere for a pick they free up some cap space.

I'm guessing that if Regier wants Oshie, that's why the Blues think the price is too high.

Edmonton doesn't want a goalie. Dubnyk is their #1 and they signed his off-season training buddy LaBarbara as his back up.

The Blues likely want the deal to be Halak + _____ for Miller. With the ____ being a mid-level prospect and a 2nd with Regier wanting a 1st and a better prospect.

Dunkster19

May 3, 2013
More well rounded? I guess by that, you mean he's thicker. Ennis can play center or wing, has played in as a two way forward, and all things considered did pretty well. Ennis is very well rounded and very versatile, something that Oshie is not. Not to mention, Oshie is 4 years older.

Ya gotta give up something to get something. On WGR this morning they talked about Gagner and Stewart going to arbitration on monday and that soon after that the floodgates for trades could open. Makes sense.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Ya gotta give up something to get something. On WGR this morning they talked about Gagner and Stewart going to arbitration on monday and that soon after that the floodgates for trades could open. Makes sense.

Of course you do, but you don't give up the two best pieces in the deal.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
More well rounded? I guess by that, you mean he's thicker. Ennis can play center or wing, has played in as a two way forward, and all things considered did pretty well. Ennis is very well rounded and very versatile, something that Oshie is not. Not to mention, Oshie is 4 years older.
:laugh:

Two seasons ago, Oshie was lining up against top competition with Backes, and that pair led a historically good defensive team in scoring.

Ennis hasn't succeeded as a primary offensive or defensive forward, much less both at the same time.

Dunkster19

May 3, 2013
I'm guessing that if Regier wants Oshie, that's why the Blues think the price is too high.

Edmonton doesn't want a goalie. Dubnyk is their #1 and they signed his off-season training buddy LaBarbara as his back up.

The Blues likely want the deal to be Halak + _____ for Miller. With the ____ being a mid-level prospect and a 2nd with Regier wanting a 1st and a better prospect.

Then maybe Halak goes to Colorado or Calgary or Washington... Still not impressed with that tandem in Edmonton though. And yes I know who those teams currently have as goalies and they all could use an upgrade. Your suggestion above does not help th blues move out some salary so that they can resign Stewart and Pietrangelo. Plus we can retain a bit of Millers salary in the right deal. When all is said and done I believe Ryan Miller is in St. louis.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

feelings

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC

Two seasons ago, Oshie was lining up against top competition with Backes, and that pair led a historically good defensive team in scoring.

Ennis hasn't succeeded as a primary offensive or defensive forward, much less both at the same time.

Oshie played 30 games last year and had the worst +/- on the team. The guy is damaged goods. The hype for this guy is absurd.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

hard to take someone seriously when they think Ennis is well rounded, and Oshie is not :loony:

Ennis being forced to take defensive zone starts doesn't make him "well rounded" :laugh:

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Oshie played 30 games last year and had the worst +/- on the team. The guy is damaged goods. The hype for this guy is absurd.

typical response you have whenever someone mentions another player in a deal for Ennis... or any other Sabre you like...

O'reilly.... Couturier... Oshie...

it's always the same story from you

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Ennis is a two way forward compared to Oshie?

You realize that Oshie has been top 4 in SHTOI/G for the Blues for each of the past four seasons and Ennis set his career high this past season at 3 seconds of SHTOI per game, right?

And has Ennis ever done this?

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
typical response you have whenever someone mentions another player in a deal for Ennis... or any other Sabre you like...

Because you love to hype up these underwhelming players, and for some unknown reason, posters buy the junk you sell. No, I would not trade Ennis straight up for any of them.

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan

Hahaha WTF is this? Oshie had the worst +/- on the Blues last year at -5? Okay, Ennis was a -14. What does that make Ennis, huh?

Also saying Ennis is a two way forward and better than Oshie? He has never done any such thing or been used in any such way. What a completely idiotic statement. :laugh:

Look I really like Ennis, but the amount of air you pump into Ennis has gotten absurd.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Ennis isn't well rounded but he'd probably be able to pass leeching off Backes :v

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Oshie is the better player today, no doubt, but Ennis has a lot more room to his ceiling.

I'm not sure which has more trade value overall, but for a rebuilding team, I'd shy towards future value.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Because you love to hype up these underwhelming players, and for some unknown reason, posters buy the junk you sell. No, I would not trade Ennis straight up for any of them.

cool conspiracy theory

as for hype... im not the one who called Ennis a superstar and the next marty st louis...

Dunkster19

May 3, 2013

Ah now I understand, I am relatively new to this site. He is obviously a big Ennis fan. I just want bigger and stronger players. I am not hating on Ennis at all. I am a big Vanek fan but we need to realize the time has come. The Sabres are actually sitting pretty if they can turn Miller, Vanek and a few others into some younger and stronger assets. This could be a two year rebuild.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Backes advanced stats are better with Oshie than without. They are good for each other. That line was excellent in 11/12

Unless we're reading different numbers that's inaccurate beyond these past two seasons, which removes the context of a down year/all time record year.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
cool conspiracy theory

as for hype... im not the one who called Ennis a superstar and the next marty st louis...

No, your the guy who called ROR a franchise center... The franchise center who is the 4th best center on his own team, who isn't even slotted to be a center anymore... For the worst team in the NHL.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Unless we're reading different numbers that's inaccurate beyond these past two seasons, which removes the context of a down year/all time record year.

09/10
Oshie w/ Backes
GF 1.052
GA 0.977
CF 19.28
CA 16.53

Oshie w/o Backes
GF 1.053
GA 0.867
CF 18.52
CA 15.23

Backes w/o Oshie
GF 0.672
GA 0.784
CF 19.77
CA 17.25

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
No, your the guy who called ROR a franchise center... The franchise center who is the 4th best center on his own team, who isn't even slotted to be a center anymore... For the worst team in the NHL.

did I?

I'm sure it was under a specific/contextual definition of the term. As would be understood with the numerous comparisons I made to Mike Richards/Ryan Kesler

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I don't know what you mean by "those". but since you failed to post any evidence supporting your claim that my statement was inaccurate, you can do your own digging.

I was calling your cherry-picking disingenuous without being rude. I'd already "dug" before I replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad