Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Pt VIII: Spring approaches and less (fewer) things are happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Blue Jays: "Biggio's going to get most of the reps at 3rd base, a position he's only played scant innings at before. We literally prefer sticking a guy at an unfamiliar position to taking him out of the lineup entirely. Your move, Keith."

This also reminds me of "joebaiting" from the days of Fire Joe Morgan. People in the chats are intentionally leading him with questions about Biggio so they can laugh at him continuing his hardline stance without him being in on the joke.
I'm guessing he didnt study logic at Harvard.

Last edited:

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
Either the gun was wrong (possible, everyone in the Jays staff seems to throwing heat, although Pearson and Romano were just doing their normal numbers) or Borucki's velo has ticked up again to the 95-97 range after averaging 95 last year on his sinker.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Either the gun was wrong (possible, everyone in the Jays staff seems to throwing heat, although Pearson and Romano were just doing their normal numbers) or Borucki's velo has ticked up again to the 95-97 range after averaging 95 last year on his sinker.

They were in different stadiums though, New York one and Pittsburgh. I would assume it's the stadium gun.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I meant today, everyone's numbers seem a little high, although nobody on the Jays was throwing higher than what they've done previously except Borucki.

Ahh, I was thinking both games because Murray was higher than normal and I think Kay was as well.

Usually, it takes a bit to get the velocity up but maybe these guys trained well in the offseason and are ready to go.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
McGuire makes the team as a solid backup. Kirk is given more opportunities at AAA until slump or injury hits McGuire. No reason to lose McGuire for nothing. He still has potential to get better

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

So Walker fixed Ray and now Matz and Chatwood? Can we have 3 Cy Young winners on 1 team in a year?

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
What a massive mistake to not have these games available to fans.

With all the hype and they decide to do this.

I can't even find a place to listen.... ugh

Reactions: canucksfan

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
If Ray and Matz can consistently find the strike zone maybe they wont be that bad after all. They have above average velocity and their control has been their downfall. Maybe just maybe Atkins knew what he was doing when acquired these 2. Put his faith in Walker to figure these guys out.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Matz has a career BB/9 under 3, his issue is he gets absolutely crushed.

Ray will be an adequate back of the rotation guy as long as he stays healthy.

Reactions: phillipmike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad