Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Pt VI: I declare this the summer of George!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Stripling had Borucki on his podcast this week, The Big Swing.

Among other things, they talk about being terrified of starting the season in Dunedin because of how hitter friendly it is. Borucki says he has PTSD from Dunedin.

Scion

May 25, 2012
My understanding is that steroids can remedy vision problems - just like Lasik/Glasses. I'm not aware of steroids being able to give you some sort of super vision if you already had perfect vision.

I did a deeper dive and it seems that the impact of HGH on eyesight is somewhat of an unknown. Most of the information on it is based on testimonials that suggest it slows the aging process and increases visual acuity, but I cant find anything to show that it improves vision to 20/15 like Lasik eye surgery so I may be wrong.

Reactions: Kurtz

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Bauer and Tanaka are likely gone. What's left?

Paxton has the highest upside.
Odorizzi probably the next best guy.

Walker would be a nice gamble for a breakout in our 4/5 spot.

Trade for Hendricks, Gray, or Castillo.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Bauer and Tanaka are likely gone. What's left?

Paxton has the highest upside.
Odorizzi probably the next best guy.

Walker would be a nice gamble for a breakout in our 4/5 spot.

Trade for Hendricks, Gray, or Castillo.
If no trade, I'd prefer to see Odorizzi and Walker. Would be a solid rotation.

Reactions: Anthrax442

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
After hearing Springer talk to the media today, I can't help but be extremely excited and pumped up for this season. Having him around our young stars for the next 6 years will do wonders for them and it sounds like he truly believes this team can be special. There's no doubt our offense is pretty much set for the foreseeable future with young prospects in Martin, Groshans, Martinez and more looking to join Bichette, Biggio, Guerrero, Gurriel, Springer, etc. If this team can hit with some solid arms for now and the future. This team can be a dynasty team.

Syndegard should be this teams number 1 target next off season.

Last edited:

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

We got a Passan bomb coming next week.

If its a stoppage or lockout during our contention window, im going to be pissed.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
After hearing Springer talk to the media today, I can't help but be extremely excited and pumped up for this season. Having him around our young stars for the next 6 years will do wonders for them and it sounds like he truly believes this team can be special. There's no doubt our offense is pretty much set for the foreseeable future with young prospects in Martin, Groshans, Martinez and more looking to join Bichette, Biggio, Guerrero, Gurriel, Springer, etc. If this team can hit with some solid arms for now and the future. This team can be a dynasty team.

Syndegard should be this teams number 1 target next off season.

We have 13 position players who could all be 2+WAR players, future is looking good.

1) Springer
2) Bichette
3) Teoscar
4) Gurerro Jr.
5) Gurriel Jr.
6) Biggio
7) Semien
8) Groshans
9) Martin
10) Kirk
11) Jansen
12) Tellez
13) Grichcuk

We're starting to have TB Rays level depth.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Steven Matz is not the pitching target I want to be pursuing

Solid K to BB. 1 year left at 5M, wondering if they are moving him to the pen like Chatwood. Thats the only acceptable explanation. Trading 3 prospects for him to start is nuts.

Reactions: Auston 316

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Matz was ass last year but he basically gave up a homerun every single fly ball. Career high K/9, and a solid BB/9.

Winckowski was intriguing for a while but it didn't seem like he was going to get a chance. Not protected in the rule 5 this past year.

Reactions: hockeywiz542
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad