Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Pt VI: I declare this the summer of George!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
y1OAYZ.gif

Reminder on rumours:

8) Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Olney on Blue Jays signing Springer, what happened with Brantley and more

-Olney says the Jays were not remotely close to landing Brantley. It’s possible a framework could have been discussed but the Jays never offered enough money
-Insinuated the Cubs want to move salary and have to take less for Bryant. Says the Jays should offer Grichuk and B level prospects for Bryant and Hendricks
-Says the Jays are in on Hand
-Likes Bauer for the Jays but doesn’t think they are willing to offer what he is asking. It’s possible they offer more to try to get closer to his number
-ultimately thinks Odorizzi is their guy

Last edited:
Reactions: Kurtz

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

-Olney says the Jays were not remotely close to landing Brantley. It’s possible a framework could have been discussed but the Jays never offered enough money
-Insinuated the Cubs want to move salary and have to take less for Bryant. Says the Jays should offer Grichuk and B level prospects for Bryant and Hendricks
-Likes Bauer for the Jays but doesn’t think they are willing to offer what he is asking. It’s possible they offer more

Grichuk + B-Level Prospect for Bryant & Hendricks?

Where do I sign up

BAM

Nov 21, 2016

-Likes Bauer for the Jays but doesn’t think they are willing to offer what he is asking. It’s possible they offer more
Oh man that would be a dream.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

how does that work?

I want $100 mil.... no we will give you $200 mill ... I'm offended!

Wasn't Hendricks once a Jay's prospect? Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
That is some interesting value being given to acquire Bryant and Hendricks. A lot less then I would have thought

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
how does that work?

Wasn't Hendricks once a Jay's prospect? Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else.

you are probably thinking of Liam Hendriks. Here, I am referring to Kyle Hendricks who was a Texas prospect traded to the Cubs years ago.

Reactions: Bluelines

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
how does that work?

I think you mean mark hendrickson. Played for the jays in the early 2000’s.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
The Mets reporter who said Springer ends up a Jay the day before it happened also predicts Hand to Toronto and Bauer to the Angels.

Reactions: Kurtz

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Could we see the Jays make another signing or maybe a trade today? Would make for a wonderful Friday :popcorn:

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Not that I don't like those players but I don't want to give up any of our top prospects.

We just watched San Diego do what they did without sacrificing top prospects, so I want that as well.

Gray and Moustakas would definitely make us better. They are not the best options but definitely make us better. I dont think Martin, Groshans, Kirk, Moreno, Manoah or SWR will be involved. But your prospects after that are fair game and value to acquire these type of players. In the end, if we are to absorb all of Moustakas contract, the return for Reds will be less then we anticipate. If thats the case I make that deal.

Reactions: TopChedder

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Could we see the Jays make another signing or maybe a trade today? Would make for a wonderful Friday :popcorn:

A lot of insiders are reporting Didi, Paxton, Hand, Gray/Moustakas (trade), Bryant/Hendricks (trade).

We know there is definite interest in Walker wanting to come back.

Whether that happens today is unknow. But what is exciting and we do know. The Springer signing has sparked signings across the MLB and the Jays are in the thick of many rumors.

Only time will tell.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
Gray and Moustakas would definitely make us better. They are not the best options but definitely make us better. I dont think Martin, Groshans, Kirk, Moreno, Manoah or SWR will be involved. But your prospects after that are fair game and value to acquire these type of players. In the end, if we are to absorb all of Moustakas contract, the return for Reds will be less then we anticipate. If thats the case I make that deal.

A deal like this would kill 2 birds with 1 stone. We'd get our 3rd baseman and our 2nd starter behind Ryu. After this, I'd look at bringing back Walker depending on his price or go with Odorizzi. I know people keep mentioning Tanaka and Paxton but there's just too many question marks regarding their health.

Reactions: Bluelines
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad