Salary Cap: Off Season News... the summer that just keeps giving and giving...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Yeah, I'm starting to get pretty excited for Plotnikov too.

Hopefully he can turn out to be another Malone and Plotnikov-Kessel ends up being Malone-Sykora on steroids.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I don't think coaches are allowed to be there. Technically, all of these guys are on vacation. If coaches could call "optional practices" during the offseason, that opens up a major CBA can of worms.

However, there's nothing that says Crosby can't call "optional" practices in august.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I just meant like a trainer or something, not even someone on the Pens staff. Like those clips of Sid in Halifax, there's old guys in windbreakers running drills and stuff.

I assume there's also off ice and weight room stuff going on. Not that these guys need it, but I was just wondering if they were following anyone's program or just doing their own thing.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I don't think coaches are allowed to be there. Technically, all of these guys are on vacation. If coaches could call "optional practices" during the offseason, that opens up a major CBA can of worms.

However, there's nothing that says Crosby can't call "optional" practices in august.

Yeah, that's what I thought too.

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
Anyone know who the bearded guy is on the bench, early on, that shakes hands with TK? Looks like Guerin a little bit...

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Sid/Army played for the Pens Front Office Dek team. Sid played in goal.
Yes, Michelle Crechiolo plays on the team if you were wondering. She's actually not bad.
They won 4-3.

tumblr_ntb1wkszib1sx39ioo1_1280.png

11424588_1616466818607414_1852700458_n.jpg

As for the guys on the ice for these informals, they are probably junior/college/pens kids elite team coaches.
I don't think anyone being paid by the Pens can be on ice with them until training camp opens.

I know when Sid worked out on ice, in NS, O'Brien overseen the off-ice drills and had other coaches on ice running drills/holding pads/etc.
It's probably similar for these informals. Drills are pretty straight forward. Get some coaches in wind breakers to help out.

Last edited:

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
The one where he almost got kneed in the head? :laugh:

All I see is potential injuries with this team... and looking to see if they already have one.

I was scrolling through this thread quickly, saw the comment and thought "that has to be from vabm8". :laugh:

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
God, I just want a media blackout until the season starts. All these little training videos are making it hard to be patient for training camp to start.....

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It probably doesn't help that he tried to play through a severe concussion for a very long time.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Skating group at UPMC66 today: Sid, Dupuis, Kunitz, Plotnikov, Cole, Scuderi, Clendening, Oleksy, Zatkoff, Tyler Kennedy, Brandon Saad, Vincent Trochek, Stephen Johns and Oskar Sundqvist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad