Salary Cap: Off Season News... the summer that just keeps giving and giving...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
If he plays well, I look forward to watching this team, that has unreal potential really. I don´t give a s*** about searching for the posting history here.. But if you´re really ready to make some posters accountable for their predictions, then please apply the same standard for yourself and be ready to admit it when necessary. Because it can easily go both ways with Perron.

I care that Perron proves you wrong because it's nearly all you talk about. When unfairly criticizing a player over and over is your schtick, it's nice to see you own up if/when you are wrong.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Just going off this. Anyone know if this dude is legit or not (or that can read Swedish)?

I definitely remember him having a scare with being cut by a skate, but I didn't think it was serious. Didn't he finish out the playoffs with his team and then come over here after they got eliminated?

Maybe there's some sort of complication regarding his range of motion or something.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Just going off this. Anyone know if this dude is legit or not (or that can read Swedish)?

Well then.

I super miss the Cooke - Staal - TK third line. It was our depth and that constant that got us through the playoff grind to the Finals twice in two years.

inb4 all of Gonchar Cooke and Kennedy are on the team during the pre-season on a tryout basis.

Tunez33

Mar 29, 2013
http://cityfolk.ca/the-phil/

if you get a second go to this link its gold

ThePhil_012.png

ThePhil_010-1.png

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
That's what comedy is these days. It's not even jokes, it's just references to things.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

Based on Google translate, the article says that he was cut on his left thigh during the playoffs, but still finished them and went to Wilkes Barre. The cut was worse than they initially thought and the tendon turned out to be completely off. He had two procedures in July.

He and his girlfriend came to Pittsburgh Monday, which was earlier than planned. He's going to continue to rehab, now with help from the Penguins, but should be ready to battle for a spot in training camp come September.

His goal is to make the NHL out of camp, but he won't get discouraged if he has to start in WBS and will do what he can to show he wants to be in the big league.

Stockinette

May 18, 2014
So.... Sundqvist has/had a severed tendon in his leg apparently?

Yes. It came out in a norran.se article that both his SHL and WBS Pens missed the severed/broken tendon last playoffs, so he played on. Had surgery twice in july.

"The SM-final against Växjö last spring Skelleftea AIK forward Oskar Sundqvist got a nasty laceration in the left thigh. Oskar could, however, continue play in the final and went later to the United States for AHL playoffs with the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins.

But the damage was worse than feared. The tendon in the left rear thigh turned out, during an investigation in early summer, to be completely off.

- It probably broke in the SM-finals and after that it has been bothersome. But there were two [surgical?] interventions, one week apart in July. Nice to get it done, says "Sunken"."

I translated from here

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Anyone know someone who severed a tendon in their thigh? That strikes me as something that would take forever to heal.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I remember watching that SHL final game where he got stepped on. I thought for sure he was done for the year and he came back out that same period. Tough kid.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I think the funniest Phil comic was the first one where Bozak is making a tearful goodbye, and Phil is asking if the cookies contain coconut. Fat joke and awkward joke made into one.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
no doubt about his speed......he got there and back before anyone could snap a pic.

He's so fast he also swapped those people cell phones for more hot-dogs. Then he got told by that P.Kane's cop driver & ended up buying the concession AND the cop as a personal delivery guy who could watch over said hot dogs.

Phil the speed! Body & mind.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I think the funniest Phil comic was the first one where Bozak is making a tearful goodbye, and Phil is asking if the cookies contain coconut. Fat joke and awkward joke made into one.

I think this is my favourite one:

ThePhil_010-1.png

But yeah, 1st one is funny too. I really like that the author follows actuallity so his comic strips have continuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig