Off-Season Game Plan: Florida Panthers

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
yeah, but the way people want to BUY HIM OUT or trade him for scrap is just ridiculous. he's still arguably the most talented forward we have - talented might be the wrong word, but the more talented players have yet to put it together and outproduce his normal production - and people want to get rid of him for one bad year.

Is that you Tomas? :sarcasm:

I like what he's done for us but I ultimately see him moved at the draft but if not then, definitely at the 2015 trade deadline. Tick tock, tick tock.....

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Boyle would be our second best d man... Would fit nicely in the top pair with Campbell more so than anyone else we have or anyone in the fa market other than maybe niskanen...
Fine, do what you want. I'm tired of this 'shooting for mediocrity' crap. Dan Boyle is not going to improve this defense, at all.
And please stop assuming everyone here thinks Campbell is good, because saying we can put Boyle with Campbell is not impressing me at all. Putting the vision of Campbell and Boyle as our top pair in my head makes me fear people increasing their view of franchise as a joke.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Campbell and Boyle as top pairing on PP? Nice.

Top pairing for 5 v 5 play?
Lol.

He can put up points but his defensive game is 3rd pairing quality.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Is that you Tomas? :sarcasm:

I like what he's done for us but I ultimately see him moved at the draft but if not then, definitely at the 2015 trade deadline. Tick tock, tick tock.....

yeah, at the TDL if we're out of it, absolutely.

trading him now for close to nothing to "get rid of him"? thats what i find ridiculous

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I still want Boyle, but I wouldn't pair him with Campbell (except on PP).

I think he'd be a solid partner for Gudbranson (much better on-ice than Jovo anyway, while still bringing the experience/mentoring)

CoolburnIsGone

yeah, but the way people want to BUY HIM OUT or trade him for scrap is just ridiculous. he's still arguably the most talented forward we have - talented might be the wrong word, but the more talented players have yet to put it together and outproduce his normal production - and people want to get rid of him for one bad year.
I have seen just ONE person suggest buying out Flash...thats not "people". Most "people" are suggesting trading him for pick(s) which isnt "scrap".

Its really not about the "one bad year" thing. Its the fact that, while he's a decent top 6 forward, we need to upgrade. With Huberdeau & Bergy on the LW as well, we have cheaper options for the other top 9 spots. Plus I dont see us re-signing him after next season anyway so its just moving an asset to improve the team. Sure we could probably hold onto him and hope he rebounds and probably trade him at the deadline. But we probably wont get more than picks for him then so if we can do the same now, we might as well do it.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
yeah, at the TDL if we're out of it, absolutely.

trading him now for close to nothing to "get rid of him"? thats what i find ridiculous

If his replacement is better I don't mind packaging him and getting a smalller return than waiting untill the deadline. (which would mean we miss the playoffs)

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
What are the chances of Statsny signing here, and if he would, should we?

i think he resigns with colorado... they have tons of space... but if he would sign here absolutely we should... we need experience at center and would have to give up no assets to get him... i think anytime u can sign a player of that caliber u do if u have the space...jugs could play 3rd line center or move to wing.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Campbell has to have his minutes cut down next season. Age is catching up to him

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
i think he resigns with colorado... they have tons of space... but if he would sign here absolutely we should... we need experience at center and would have to give up no assets to get him... i think anytime u can sign a player of that caliber u do if u have the space...jugs could play 3rd line center or move to wing.

They have space, but they have to re-sign McGinn and ROR as well.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
They have space, but they have to re-sign McGinn and ROR as well.

they have more than enough to sign those players as well.... only way i can see them not signing stastny is if they acquire a couple big money d men... they have plenty of cap to sign all their players and then some

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Given Nash's concussion history and seeming inability to elevate his game...no thanks.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Campbell has to have his minutes cut down next season. Age is catching up to him

Eh, I don't know if that's necessarily the case. His playing style absolutely allows him to play as much as he wants, at any age. He didn't look any worse last season than the season before.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
The guy has scored two goals in 30 playoff games and gets paid 7.8 million... let that sink in for a while.

One of the most anti-clutch players out there.

And to think we could have had him instead of jay blow! :sarcasm:

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
With the Boyle news

Boyle for 2 yrs x 5m
Mitchell for 2 yrs x 3m
Draft Ekblad

Campbell-Gudbransson
Boyle-Kulikov
Ekblad-Mitchell
Olson

I think trading Kulikov is a good idea though. Especially if he can be used to landed Speeza, Thornton, Marleau, Malkin etc a big name. Obvisouly not him alone for that kind of return!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad