Celtics/NBA Off-Season/Draft - Celtics complete sign-and-trade, send Gordon Hayward to Hornets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I think Stevens was outcoached in the last game. He made mistakes, but he didn't cost them the game.

We need more size.

IMO we don't need an injury-prone $34M Hayward. So trade him.

You don't get many Marcus Smart in Basketball, so be careful what you do with him, besides keep him.

I still question if Kemba Walker is good for the Celtics. He is small and has produced very little in playoff games. Just not sure if he is worth keeping. I need help with this one.

Reactions: JoeBeef15

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Why is this bad news?

Because what Doc lacks on the x's and o's makes up for it with motivating his players. I can easily see him giving Embiid and Simmons the swift kick in the ass they need and getting that team where it needs to be. And if him there makes Embiid the monster talent he has the ability to be, then the Celtics are screwed.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Because what Doc lacks on the x's and o's makes up for it with motivating his players. I can easily see him giving Embiid and Simmons the swift kick in the ass they need and getting that team where it needs to be. And if him there makes Embiid the monster talent he has the ability to be, then the Celtics are screwed.

Doc doesn't make the passes or take the shots. Not to worry. 76ers are still the 76ers just with a new coach.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Doc doesn't make the passes or take the shots. Not to worry. 76ers are still the 76ers just with a new coach.

He can motivate the guys who do to play up to their ability and play like a team. We saw it with Boston back in the day. We saw it initially with the Clippers until they had to go up against more talented teams.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

I won't be worried until someone finally convinces Simmons that he shoots with the wrong hand.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He can motivate the guys who do to play up to their ability and play like a team. We saw it with Boston back in the day. We saw it initially with the Clippers until they had to go up against more talented teams.

the problem with him in Boston is that he had 3 hall of famers and an all star PG- he didn’t need to motivate them to play. Besides KG would berate somebody until they cry if they didn’t play hard

with the clippers the problem is they are supposed to one of those “more talented teams” you alluded to them playing. Whether it was Lob City or this most recent version of the clippers- It’s why he got fired.

Last edited:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Rivers with the 76ers has disaster written all over it.

I don't know where Doc got this moniker for being some amazing coach. He's fine, but he had a roster with 3 HoFers on it to win his championship. He's a motivator ala Tomlin of the Steelers. Gets way more credit than he should.

The 76ers are a bad organization, and have a terribly constructed roster. He won't make a difference at all.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Now that the 76ers are put to bed, it is back to the Celtics. Danny says injuries screwed them up. Kemba played injured. Hayward was injured. And the bench strength was impaired.

I say OK, get a big man, use Hayward and picks. Give Kemba another year to see what he has got. Bench strength will get healthy, and we can see.

Simple, that's why I am not a GM.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I want them to figure out a way to have Kanter go out and Harry Giles come in. They just need a big who can be competitive defensively and Giles has some upside too.

I think that we’ll see Timelord get bigger minutes next year and do well with them. I was impressed by him in the playoffs

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Read on a Celtics blog on IG that Myles Turner would also like out of Indy. I'd prefer him to Olidipo, Hayward and some picks?
Salaries don't match, indy would need to add someone like TJ Warren into the deal, which honestly I don't think they'd be keen on doing.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Salaries don't match, indy would need to add someone like TJ Warren into the deal, which honestly I don't think they'd be keen on doing.

plus imo Hayward is a better basketball player than Myles Turner

Myles goes through phases where he just does not show up. Moments of brilliance- he’s a good shooter for his size and can protect the rim- but he sometimes gets soft and doesn’t rebound

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
plus imo Hayward is a better basketball player than Myles Turner

Myles goes through phases where he just does not show up. Moments of brilliance- he’s a good shooter for his size and can protect the rim- but he sometimes gets soft and doesn’t rebound

Doesn't Hayward have the same problem you described of not showing up at times?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Doesn't Hayward have the same problem you described of not showing up at times?

If he’s physically injured and trying to play through it like these playoffs, sure. I think it’s unreasonable to expect him to be at his best coming in halfway through the Heat series though. But again you can’t really argue with 18-7-4 with 50% from the field and 38% from 3. Good defense too. Gotta be pretty damn consistently good to average that.

Quite literally the only thing Turner is better at is blocking shots imo

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
If he’s physically injured and trying to play through it like these playoffs, sure. I think it’s unreasonable to expect him to be at his best coming in halfway through the Heat series though. But again you can’t really argue with 18-7-4 with 50% from the field and 38% from 3. Good defense too. Gotta be pretty damn consistently good to average that.

Quite literally the only thing Turner is better at is blocking shots imo

I like your response but chose to disagree about his play after coming back from injury during playoffs. For me he is too inconsistent when it counts. Problaby just me.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland