Celtics/NBA Off-Season/Draft - Celtics complete sign-and-trade, send Gordon Hayward to Hornets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
So hyped for game 4. should be fun.

It wasn't fun.

Too many turnovers for the Celtics. Just awful turnovers, lazy turnover and bad pass turnovers. There was a lack of "sense of urgency" for the Celtics. 3 point shots were terrible for the Celtics: Smart 1 of 8, Hayward 2 of 6, Brown 4 of 7, Tatum 7 of 11, & Walker 3 of 8. Tatum did not score a point in the first half, not a point. A 20-year-old kid named Taylor Herro scores 37 points for Miami. He couldn't be stopped. Celtics screwed the pooch. 1-3

Reactions: TD Charlie

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It wasn't fun.

Too many turnovers for the Celtics. Just awful turnovers, lazy turnover and bad pass turnovers. There was a lack of "sense of urgency" for the Celtics. 3 point shots were terrible for the Celtics: Smart 1 of 8, Hayward 2 of 6, Brown 4 of 7, Tatum 7 of 11, & Walker 3 of 8. Tatum did not score a point in the first half, not a point. A 20-year-old kid named Taylor Herro scores 37 points for Miami. He couldn't be stopped. Celtics screwed the pooch. 1-3
Haven’t watched one game. It’s the 3 on 3 league. All they do is shoot threes. Such a horrible product. Most players have no guts. They pack it in. The crazy money is guaranteed.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Haven’t watched one game. It’s the 3 on 3 league. All they do is shoot threes. Such a horrible product. Most players have no guts. They pack it in. The crazy money is guaranteed.

I take it you don't like NBA basketball. Why do you follow and post in "Celtics/NBA" thread? Maybe you are like me, can't sleep. Enjoy.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
It wasn't fun.

I realize that now.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
flip the coaches and the Celtics win this series in 4

I didn't realize Brad was on the court turning over the ball constantly. That's the reason they're losing. Not that he's coaching great or anything, but he's not even close to the reason they're losing. He can't just mind-force his players into not committing turnovers.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
flip the coaches and the Celtics win this series in 4

source.gif

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Adebayo looks to be ok for game 5

Hopefully his performance takes a dip because he’s a killer

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Sure is. I’d like to see what he can do against Anthony Davis

lakers obviously have the 2 best players in the series but Jimmy Butler is kinda close (possibly top 10 if you factor in everything about his game) and the heat are MILES deeper

I’d lean lakers because the superstar advantage and it’s a superstar league but honestly this heat team reminds me a little bit of the Pistons from back in the day (not the bad boys, the Billups-led one). It’s not an exact comparison but it’s the same energy. They’re just loaded with solid ball players and they’ve got their big defensive nightmare anchoring everything

Reactions: N o o d l e s

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
lakers obviously have the 2 best players in the series but Jimmy Butler is kinda close (possibly top 10 if you factor in everything about his game) and the heat are MILES deeper

I’d lean lakers because the superstar advantage and it’s a superstar league but honestly this heat team reminds me a little bit of the Pistons from back in the day (not the bad boys, the Billups-led one). It’s not an exact comparison but it’s the same energy. They’re just loaded with solid ball players and they’ve got their big defensive nightmare anchoring everything

My wife and I were just discussing this, agreeing that the Heat are a very likeable team, they have worked like a machine in the bubble.

Reactions: CDJ

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Was just watching some highlights

funny to see Jamal Murray get like mugged by Lebron James while driving to the hoop while if u sneeze Lebron goes to the line
Superstars get the calls and LeBrons the biggest superstar in the league unfortunately

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Some Celtics fans seem very hypocritical because Ray Allen even to this day gets hate from the fanbase.

Big difference between the two - Allen left Boston and signed with Miami who had just beaten Boston in the Eastern Final the season before. This was no different than Damon or Ellsbury signing with the freaking Yankees. Boston won only 62 games total in the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons and everybody knew that Rivers was done in Boston. - and the Celtics even got a 2015 1st round pick ( Boston picked R.J. Hunter 28th overall ) from the Clippers.

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I’d move Hayward if they could add him into a deal for a reliable big. Would entertain Smart, too, but would depend on return.

Don’t care if they make a coaching change either.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
They aren't changing coaches, especially for the insanely overrated Doc Rivers IMO. They literally just signed Stevens to an extension like a month ago, he has at a minimum 1-2 more years here even without a championship/finals appearance.

Reactions: Maine Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad