Celtics/NBA Off-Season/Draft - Celtics complete sign-and-trade, send Gordon Hayward to Hornets

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bucks also just got Bogdan Bogdanovic in a sign and trade in exchange for Donte DiVincenzo

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I like the Chris Paul deal for the suns. To me Paul is a guy that significantly raises the floor of a team even if I’m not confident he can run a team to the finals.

interesred to see what happens in Houston.. harden going to the nets would be a mistake. Not enough balls in play there for all 3

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Well we can now officially scratch Jrue Holiday off the list of possible additions for next season. He just got traded to Milwaukee for Eric Bledsoe, George Hill, 3 future 1st round picks and the option for 2 future 1st round pick swaps. Looks like Milwaukee is desperate to keep Giannis happy because even Billy King thinks Milwaukee gave up way too much.

I like what the Pelicans are doing. Have some good young pieces and can now get more with those picks and theirs

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Bucks just made two huge trades to solidify them as having the best roster in the East imo.

Starting 5 now of Giannis, Middleton, Holliday, Bogdonovic and Lopez is rock solid.

If they bring Bogdonovic off the bench that works too.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
People seem to love the Thunders picks but a lot of them look like they’ll be in the 20+ range.

21: Heat, Rockets will both be late.
22: Clippers will be out of the lottery, likely. Suns 1-13 protected should be out of the lottery
23: Heat
24: clippers, Rockets

for anything to really cash in you need the Rockets to deal Westbrook and Harden, one keeps them afloat. Or Kawhi and PG to leave LA. 24 might be the year they can get some value

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Bucks just made two huge trades to solidify them as having the best roster in the East imo.

Starting 5 now of Giannis, Middleton, Holliday, Bogdonovic and Lopez is rock solid.

If they bring Bogdonovic off the bench that works too.
Chris Paul would have been a lot better for the Bucks than Holiday. The Bucks don't have a true point guard on their roster and asking a rookie or minimum salary player to fit in that role is going to ask them to do more than they can. With the sign and trade for Bogdanovich i think it also means they're hard capped and can't sign any player for anything above the minimum. They have 7 players on their roster and 1 of them is Giannis' brother who sucks, they better hope the ring chasers want to go to Milwaukee even though they haven't proven they're able to win a championship

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I used to despise lebron because I think he’s a brat and he beat the Celtics a bunch but that energy has been fully transferred to kyrie by now

If the nets get Harden to add to Kyrie and KD it will make Kyrie’s failures more spectacular. Need them to lose.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Chris Paul would have been a lot better for the Bucks than Holiday. The Bucks don't have a true point guard on their roster and asking a rookie or minimum salary player to fit in that role is going to ask them to do more than they can. With the sign and trade for Bogdanovich i think it also means they're hard capped and can't sign any player for anything above the minimum. They have 7 players on their roster and 1 of them is Giannis' brother who sucks, they better hope the ring chasers want to go to Milwaukee even though they haven't proven they're able to win a championship

Jrue is a true point guard imo

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore

The lack of depth is their biggest weakness but I'm sure they'll find a few vet minimum guys to bring in to round it out. Holliday is a legit defender on the perimeter and a good shooter which they needed both of. Getting rid of Bledsoe in the same trade is huge as I feel like he's a headcase and totally one dimensional.

Now, down the road this will likely hurt them as I can't see Giannis staying and they're going to be lite on picks. I still like their chances a lot better this upcoming season with the lineup they have, even with the lack of depth. I don't see a better team in the East unless some contenders add significantly.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think the Heat are the best in East. It’s just another year of development for their young studs.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Sounds like Atlanta and Boston might be working on a " sign and trade " deal involving Gordon Hayward. No word on who would be coming back but Atlanta does hold the #6 pick tomorrow. :dunno:

Reactions: bbfan419

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Sounds like Atlanta and Boston might be working on a " sign and trade " deal involving Gordon Hayward. No word on who would be coming back but Atlanta does hold the #6 pick tomorrow. :dunno:
I think Hayward's camp would certainly want the Celtics to believe this.

I'm skeptical. If Hayward wants to go to Atlanta, he could just opt out and sign with the Hawks, who have enough cap room to give him a significant deal. There's very little incentive for the Hawks to do a sign and trade.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The NBA salary cap loopholes require a phd to understand, but does Hayward have any incentive to accept a sign and trade over just opting out and signing as a FA? Like some kind of Bird Rule thing?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
If Hayward wants to go to Atlanta, he could just opt out and sign with the Hawks, who have enough cap room to give him a significant deal. There's very little incentive for the Hawks to do a sign and trade.

The NBA salary cap loopholes require a phd to understand, but does Hayward have any incentive to accept a sign and trade over just opting out and signing as a FA? Like some kind of Bird Rule thing?

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad