Buffalo Bills Off Season Begins - The Draft, Free Agency, and Cap Management, Oh My.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Buffalo and KC abstaining makes sense since the proposed plan had the most impact on them. And honestly I’m not surprised about Cincinnati voting against it. I personally don’t believe the potential coin flip was fair. It is the one part of what they did I don’t agree with.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Ok I realize poaching happens when you get good, but can we please not have to replace half our staff every year? Jeez.
The connection of course is Dan Morgan ast gm in Carolina now. Not sure how Josh would feel about loosing 2 OC's in 2 years, likely not very good.

Would likely promote Joe Brady, Mike Shula, or Austin Gund from within if they loose him.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012

Did Indy fans ever worry about who Manning’s OC was going to be? I doubt it. Josh will be fine as long as the system stays stable at the top.

I like Dorsey, but it’s not like he is irreplaceable. I also highly doubt he gets a HC gig after one year as an OC. But stranger things have happened, I guess.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Did Indy fans ever worry about who Manning’s OC was going to be? I doubt it. Josh will be fine as long as the system stays stable at the top.

I like Dorsey, but it’s not like he is irreplaceable. I also highly doubt he gets a HC gig after one year as an OC. But stranger things have happened, I guess.
Jeff. Saturday.

Not that I'm wishing it (for my own selfish reasons), but I'm more than a little surprised Leslie Frazier isn't getting more looks.

Ah, well. Peguals... give the man another raise!

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Take him.
Plenty of people were ready to fire Daboll after the Jacksonville game last year.

I think the offense is doing well this season given the following:

Allen's throwing arm injury
Worse group of WRs than last year by and large
The OL has not been good and Saffold has looked old, especially in pass protection
Dorsey is a rookie play caller

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

The total offensive DVOA ranking this season (2) is better than either of the past two seasons with Daboll (10 in '21 and 5 in '20).

Reactions: Husko

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville

Its real interesting to see how easily ESPN can bust out some real journalism work against the NFL but they won’t do it unless the NFL tries to throw them under the bus like they did with the 5 minute flub.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There

Very juicy! Watching their collapse into Billsy mediocrity has been the second best thing of the past few seasons. You knew they were done after the Raiders game; listening to Jon Vilma barely being able to contain his laughter while calling the ending of the game was just *chefs kiss*

The rumored dysfunction is the cherry on top. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving franchise

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Plenty of people were ready to fire Daboll after the Jacksonville game last year.

The OL has not been good and Saffold has looked old, especially in pass protection

View attachment 632983

View attachment 632984

The total offensive DVOA ranking this season (2) is better than either of the past two seasons with Daboll (10 in '21 and 5 in '20).

I like Dorsey a lot but I think the one thing I’d change is to put more “fun” plays in. Daboll had creative plays he would call and it matches this teams persona with Allen and Diggs out there just having fun.

The Chiefs do it all the time.

Maybe Dorsey being his first year is more hesitant to do stuff like that. (Although he has tossed in a couple go routes for Gilliam out wide, but he’s no DiMarco)

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I am sensing a trend here...

I like Dorsey a lot but I think the one thing I’d change is to put more “fun” plays in. Daboll had creative plays he would call and it matches this teams persona with Allen and Diggs out there just having fun.

The Chiefs do it all the time.

Maybe Dorsey being his first year is more hesitant to do stuff like that. (Although he has tossed in a couple go routes for Gilliam out wide, but he’s no DiMarco)
Winning is more fun than gadget plays for me.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY

View attachment 632983

View attachment 632984

Agree with all this. Some of the offensive struggles are definitely out of Dorsey's control, and it seems like Josh has made a few more boneheaded throws (or had them turn into INTs) per game compared to last year.

Where I'm hoping to see some improvement from Dorsey in the playoffs is:
-Improved red zone playcalling, specifically from between about the 15-20. I'm sure some of it is Allen wanting to punch the ball in, but it feels like they've gone too "all or nothing" there with running routes to the end zone. They also often abandon the run game with Cook/Singletary in favor of going totally pass heavy in that area.

-Continuing to prioritize Knox as a secondary weapon, given Davis' and McKenzie's inconsistent play.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

I don’t have strong feelings about Dorsey, but I’d hate to see us start bleeding staff every off-season. Every time a guy leaves for a promotion like that, he’s likely to take people with him. You end up needing to replace a lot of talent.

Reactions: kirby11 and Husko

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I don’t have strong feelings about Dorsey, but I’d hate to see us start bleeding staff every off-season. Every time a guy leaves for a promotion like that, he’s likely to take people with him. You end up needing to replace a lot of talent.
I don't get too worried about that. There's always really good people to bring in.

The NFL is full of former head coaches who never had the right situation to be a head coach. Or, just wasn't a head coach. Wade Phillips is a great example of the latter. Brilliant defensive coordinator, but not a head coach.

Frank Reich is available. Kingsbury would be interesting. I assume Frazier is gone. Lovie Smith is available, and fielded good defenses in Chicago and St. Louis.

Not super worried.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA