Buffalo Bills Off Season Begins - The Draft, Free Agency, and Cap Management, Oh My.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I actually do feel bad for Tua because the man himself seems like a decent guy despite hating the team he plays for. If the Dolphins force him to play and Milano, or some other Bills defender knocks him into next week I honestly don't know if he'll ever play again. That's like 4 concussions in 3 months on top of whatever else he had prior to this season.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The downside to having a really good organization is potentially losing people like Boyd.

That's why they need to groom Von Miller for a future front office job.

:)

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Skip Bayless is such a tool. I would ask how he is still employed but I know the answer. His outlandish takes and comments get clicks and views. Him not knowing Brown’s backstory or history is just a new level of WTF for him though.

This is funny and head scratching at the same time.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

I'm curious how that percentage compares to best season-ending DVOA team percentages since they began tracking it as such. It's insanely high from waht I understand, with the best/worst DVOA percentages at +/-25% (per their site). The fact the metric takes score effects, game situation, etc., into account makes it even tastier.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm curious how that percentage compares to best season-ending DVOA team percentages since they began tracking it as such. It's insanely high from waht I understand, with the best/worst DVOA percentages at +/-25% (per their site). The fact the metric takes score effects, game situation, etc., into account makes it even tastier.
YearTeamTotal DVOA
2022​
BUF
35​
2021​
DAL
30.9​
2020​
NO
33.3​
2019​
BAL
41.2​
2018​
KC
33.2​
2017​
NO
35​
2016​
NE
25.1​
2015​
SEA
38.6​
2014​
SEA
31.7​
2013​
SEA
40​

It is middle of the pack (t-4th best) for the league leaders over the past decade.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I wouldn't say 35% is insanely high. In fact, San Francisco actually has a higher weighted DVOA (which puts more weight on games played later in the season) at 38.9%.

In terms of regular DVOA it is the highest since 2019, when Baltimore was 41.2%. But it's not crazy high either - every season in the past 10 except one has had at least one team over 30%. I believe the +/- 25% refers to offensive and defensive units, which if you great at both could combine up to near 50%. (The undefeated Patriots team was actually > 50% at 53.4% and an absurd 44% on offense alone)

Reactions: brian_griffin

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Apparently who voted for the NFL's proposal has come out - Kansas City did NOT vote against the NFL's proposals. It was Cincinnati, Miami, and Chicago that did, and Buffalo, Kansas City, Las Vegas, and the Chargers abstained.

• Haha
Reactions: Dubi Doo

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Just a reminder for anyone interested in CPR Training/Certification:

Many communities also offer CPR training. You can find out more info by contacting your local High School/Night School/College, Fire Hall, Community Center, etc.

If you are struggling with mental health issues due to trauma please call 988, or contact your health care professional, a close relative/friend, or worship leader.

Last edited:

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Apparently who voted for the NFL's proposal has come out - Kansas City did NOT vote against the NFL's proposals. It was Cincinnati, Miami, and Chicago that did, and Buffalo, Kansas City, Las Vegas, and the Chargers abstained.
Buffalo and KC abstaining makes sense since the proposed plan had the most impact on them. And honestly I’m not surprised about Cincinnati voting against it. I personally don’t believe the potential coin flip was fair. It is the one part of what they did I don’t agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad