Rumor: OFF-SEASON AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
There's some interesting names that filed for arbitration. Most of the time it gets settled before, but it adds a pressure point that helps the player.

Nyqvist, Stepan and Holtby are the big names but the more interesting ones are Bouma and Jooris, looking to capitalize on a year where both they and the team over achieved.

Could still be an interesting summer where we get the rare event of a team walking away from an Arbitration award (they can do that during Player-Elected Arbitration, right?)

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Because both their base salaries were below $600,000 (total salary of $590,000 (Aggozino) and $550,000 (Clark) minus signing bonuses), their qualifying offers are last year's salary increased by 10 percent....

So the qualifying/contracts the Avs threw at Clark was 605k and Aggozino 649k.

Clark doesn't have a case, but Aggozino will surely get more based on his outstanding year.

As they were both on 2 way deals previously, that it what they'll get again; arbitrator can't award a 1 way deal.

Not sure on how AHL salary is calculated though.

viach

Aug 5, 2007
Nyqvist, Stepan and Holtby are the big names but the more interesting ones are Bouma and Jooris, looking to capitalize on a year where both they and the team over achieved.

Add Adam Larsson on the list too

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
My friend met MacKinnon in halifax a couple days after, he seems to have a broken finger in the picture he sent should we freak out??!??

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Does anybody think maybe Colorado are still considering offering a short contract to one of Oduya/Ehrhoff. I'd offer anything they want to bring one in for one year but i'm assuming they want some term.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Does anybody think maybe Colorado are still considering offering a short contract to one of Oduya/Ehrhoff. I'd offer anything they want to bring one in for one year but i'm assuming they want some term.

I'd like to think so. On another note, I hope they are considering a move for Kruger.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I'd like to think so. On another note, I hope they are considering a move for Kruger.

I think the Avs are done with free agency. It sounds easy, but burying Guenin/Redmond both in the AHL for Holden to be the #7 D isn't all that easy. We already have 6 defensemen in San Antonio who need playing time, we can't just send down our crap and handcuff the development of Bigras/Siemens/Geertsen.

As for Kruger, I'd love to have him on the Avs, but I don't see it happening. Chicago simply wouldn't trade him within the division, and we are not going to sign him to an offer sheet. Just not realistic, and it's unfortunate as he would be a great addition to our 3rd line.

Does anybody know how many contracts we have if everybody we qualified is back?

I'm at 46 if the QOs are accepted, plus Agozzino/Clark have filed for arbitration. Aittokallio has left to Finland. Vincour and Heard weren't given QOs. Lauridsen already signed in Sweden. Caron wasn't qualified and already signed with St. Louis.

MacKinnon
Duchene
Iginla
Tanguay
Soderberg
Comeau
Grigorenko
Mitchell
Everberg
McLeod
Winchester
Bordeleau
Cliche
Rendulic
Hishon
Street
Hamilton
Agozzino (*)
Martinsen
Smith
Cheek
Bourke
Henley
Meurs

Johnson
Beauchemin
Barrie
Zadorov
Holden
Stuart
Redmond
Guenin
Siemens
Bigras
Noreau
Geertsen
Elliott
Clark (*)
Corbett
Beaupre

Varlamov
Berra
Pickard
Will
Martin

There's room for Rantanen and another AHL forward, IMO. Avs would be comfortable at 48 contracts.

EDIT: Just to add... Grigorenko/Elliott/Hishon/Hamilton/Pickard are RFAs who are yet to accept their QOs but have also not filed for arbitration. Only Agozzino/Clark filed.

Last edited:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I think the Avs are done with free agency. It sounds easy, but burying Guenin/Redmond both in the AHL for Holden to be the #7 D isn't all that easy. We already have 6 defensemen in San Antonio who need playing time, we can't just send down our crap and handcuff the development of Bigras/Siemens/Geertsen.

As for Kruger, I'd love to have him on the Avs, but I don't see it happening. Chicago simply wouldn't trade him within the division, and we are not going to sign him to an offer sheet. Just not realistic, and it's unfortunate as he would be a great addition to our 3rd line.

I know that, it just wishful thinking on my part. As for Kruger, I'd love to have him, but there's a part of m thinking it would be good just contacting Bowman and mentioning a possible trade or an OS (I know this is highly unlikely) just to maybe force them to move on from Kruger, in my eyes he's one of the major reasons why that team is so damn good and tough to beat in a 7 game series even though his effort and impact on the game goes under the radar thanks to all the fire power on that roster.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
After spending the max and falling short last season I think the avs will try and recoup some losses and are done this off-season

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
CSKA forward Alexander Radulov expressed his attitude to the departure of the Russian hockey players in the NHL.

" Check out the NHL - is the right of everyone . I will say for myself, when I was leaving the young , I had a dream to try their hand at the ocean. For me it was number one .

Many guys just rose to a certain level and want to test themselves on the small venues in North America. Because, with all due respect to our league , the NHL still still number one "- said Radulov .

Google Translated the article. Pretty interesting.

http://www.sports.ru/hockey/1031100892.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Avs will run with 8-D to start the season like usual.

Beauch-EJ
Zads-Barrie
Holden-Stuart
Guenin-Redmond

It's unfortunate, but I highly doubt Roy buries either Guenin or Redmond this year, he'll probably just keep them in reserves for when Holden struggles or an injury occurs. He might even call-up Bigras or Siemens to play before either of them if he isn't confident in them.

But *fingers crossed* they'll both be gone by 2016-17.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
It's okay Radz, you go win another KHL scoring title this season and we'll bring you across the ocean next summer.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Don't know how to post tweets but thought it was worthy to mention that Grigorenko is drawing interest from the KHL, but priority is to stay in the NHL with Colorado. Also saw same person tweet that the parties have begun negotiations but nothing has been settled yet.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Don't know how to post tweets but thought it was worthy to mention that Grigorenko is drawing interest from the KHL, but priority is to stay in the NHL with Colorado. Also saw same person tweet that the parties have begun negotiations but nothing has been settled yet.

That was Dave Pagnotta, from The Fourth Period.

As of right now, I don't think anyone is concerned about Grigorenko possibly going to the KHL. He now lives in Quebec, is training with a noted skating instructor, to improve that weakness in his game, and has even said that this past draft was "more exciting" than his own.

I have no doubts he'll be suiting up, and doing well, with the Avalanche in October. If he really wants to endear himself to Avs fans right away, score the GWG against Minnesota in the first game :naughty:

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

Interest from other leagues to me says he has lots of value. Id be more worried if the KHL was like "ugh no thanks he stinks" :laugh:

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Pagnotta sucks. But CSKA has said themselves they are trying to sign him. But I'm 99% sure he'll play here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad