Patriots/NFL Off Season 2021 - Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Florio literally said it rumored or speculated to be above $20 million to talk about his salary which not only doesnt affect the cap, but also isnt public record like a players salary is disingenuous at best

Mike Reiss and Greg Bedard later confirmed it and then Bedard added on that the Patriots cap include the coaches salaries because Kraft runs a tight ship

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Patriots to sign tight end Jonnu Smith to four-year, $50-million deal to kick off NFL free agency - The Boston Globe

The Patriots have agreed to sign tight end Jonnu Smith to a four-year, $50 million contract, a league source confirmed to the Globe.
According to ESPN, the deal includes $31.25 million of guaranteed money.
Smith, drafted in the third round out of Florida International University in 2017, spent his first four NFL seasons with the Tennessee Titans. Last year, he caught 41 passes for 448 yards and eight touchdowns. Twenty-five of his receptions converted for a first down.

Reactions: DKH and CHRDANHUTCH

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Patriots to sign free agent DT Davon Godchaux to two-year deal - The Boston Globe

The Patriots went big on the first day of free agency, locking up mammoth nose tackle Davon Godchaux to a two-year deal, according to a league source.
The 6-foot-3-inch, 311-pound Godchaux was a fifth-round pick of the Dolphins in 2017 and has played in 52 games in Miami with a 179 tackles and three sacks.
The Patriots top interior linemen from last season, Lawrence Guy and Adam Butler, are free agents, so the club moved quickly to get a body in place in case those incumbents leave.
New England also made a splash on the other side of the ball, signing standout tight end Jonnu Smith to a four-year deal worth $50 million.

Reactions: DKH and CHRDANHUTCH

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Woooo baby

they’re going in

ESPN had this article on predicting free agency, which the great Mike Reiss was included in, and some of his suggestions surprised me. He had them paying big for Jonnu Smith (not surprising), but also over $20M a year to sign Golladay and signing Yannick Ngakoue, which I didn't expect at all. Makes the Judon rumor less surprising.

Reactions: CDJ and CHRDANHUTCH

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Felger and Mazz spin?

Agent of Smith and Godchaux is Rosenhouse - sp?

He has history with belicheck. That’s why they signed these guys. Because of the history.... scratch my back with Godchaux and I’ll make sure Smith signs.

Yikes. They’re reeling for negative takes on a day like today where Patriots have done well in FA.

Reactions: Alicat and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
ESPN had this article on predicting free agency, which the great Mike Reiss was included in, and some of his suggestions surprised me. He had them paying big for Jonnu Smith (not surprising), but also over $20M a year to sign Golladay and signing Yannick Ngakoue, which I didn't expect at all. Makes the Judon rumor less surprising.

Yeah I saw how aggressive he was and that was eyebrow raising

wasn’t expecting them to go into the Judon-tier, very interesting

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Felger and Mazz spin?

Agent of Smith and Godchaux is Rosenhouse - sp?

He has history with belicheck. That’s why they signed these guys. Because of the history.... scratch my back with Godchaux and I’ll make sure Smith signs.

Yikes. They’re reeling for negative takes on a day like today where Patriots have done well in FA.

To be fair they gave Bill credit for landing Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany