Patriots/NFL Off Season 2021 - Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Perhaps my favorite part in all of this is the stat line for Gronkowski. Has a quiet season for his standards, but when Brady needs a play he knows where it’s going. That’s as good as I’ve seen Gronkowski look through a full game in a while.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The thing that surprised me the most (but really shouldn’t have) was the number of stupid penalties and mental errors committed by the Chefs. Especially in the first half. Typical Andy Reid-coached team. They shot themselves in the foot all night with holding; PI; and the second dumbest offsides penalty I’ve ever seen (see: AFC Championship Game - 2018 for the worst).

Last year was the anomaly. That’s who the Chefs are. Put them on the field with someone in their weight class and there’s an excellent chance they’ll buckle. And the frustration led to penalties, which led to Buccaneer scores, which led to even more frustration, etc...

Lastly... I was absolutely shocked at the lack of any real hurry-up offense until it was too late. No urgency. No getting out of bounds. Again - typical Andy Reid awful clock management. I get that Mahomes was hurt, but he still managed to bring it even after most of the Chefs quit.

Kansas City is the most talented team in the league. I thought Tampa Bay had a chance to win the game if their defense played well, but I had no idea that was going to happen.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
The thing that surprised me the most (but really shouldn’t have) was the number of stupid penalties and mental errors committed by the Chefs. Especially in the first half. Typical Andy Reid-coached team. They shot themselves in the foot all night with holding; PI; and the second dumbest offsides penalty I’ve ever seen (see: AFC Championship Game - 2018 for the worst).

Last year was the anomaly. That’s who the Chefs are. Put them on the field with someone in their weight class and there’s an excellent chance they’ll buckle. And the frustration led to penalties, which led to Buccaneer scores, which led to even more frustration, etc...

Lastly... I was absolutely shocked at the lack of any real hurry-up offense until it was too late. No urgency. No getting out of bounds. Again - typical Andy Reid awful clock management. I get that Mahomes was hurt, but he still managed to bring it even after most of the Chefs quit.

Kansas City is the most talented team in the league. I thought Tampa Bay had a chance to win the game if their defense played well, but I had no idea that was going to happen.

To be fair if SF lets Jimmy G continue to throw (I know, lol) they probably don’t win last year either

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Good post man, that's what I saw.

Reactions: rfournier103

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
EtraZVHXYAIeZJ0

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
oddly enough Hill still had a pretty decent night numbers wise.

KC goes so overboard with their trying to run confusion, they looked confused.
Hill scrambling around in the backfield pre-snap at times looked ridiculous.
They moved the ball in just 2 ways...throwing to Kelsey and Mahomes running on broken plays. In other words, they were screwed.

I knew Tampa was going to win, but not this easily.

Reactions: LSCII

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
TB12 has now won more Super Bowls than ANY FRANCHISE

He was outta here for a variety of reasons. Personally, I think Mrs. Brady was disgusted by Kraft's visit to a strip mall 2 years ago.

Sure he got a break by playing the SB in his home stadium but he had to win 3 road games to get there.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
So, now the Buccaneers - yes, the Buccaneers - are now the winningest team in the NFC South in terms of Super Bowl victories. Twice as many as the Saints.

Here’s a list of teams that the Bucs have either tied or surpassed in number of Super Bowl Championships:

Baltimore Ravens - 2
Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts - 2
Kansas City Chiefs - 2
Miami Dolphins - 2
New York Jets - 1
Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams - 1
Seattle Seahawks - 1
Chicago Bears - 1
New Orleans Saints - 1
Arizona Cardinals - 0
Carolina Panthers - 0
Atlanta Falcons - 0
Jacksonville Jaguars - 0
Houston Texans - 0
Cleveland Browns - 0
Cincinnati Bengals - 0
Detroit Lions - 0
Minnesota Vikings - 0
Buffalo Bills - 0
Los Angeles Chargers - 0

I think that’s all of them.

Who ever would have thought the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would be so high on this list? Top half of the NFL now.

Last edited:
Reactions: JOKER 192

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

The Seahawks joined the league the same year, have a 367–340–1 (.518) franchise record, and are 1–2 in Super Bowls.
The Bucs have a franchise record of 278–429–1 (.393) and are 2–0 in the Super Bowl.
The Dolphins are 467–377–4 (.551) and are 2–3 in the Super Bowl.

Since 2000, the Ravens are 201–135 (.598) and are undefeated in the Super Bowl, with two wins, making the playoffs 13 times since their first win in 2000.
Since 2000, the Buccaneers are 149–187 (.443) and are undefeated in the Super Bowl, with two wins, only making the playoffs four times since their first win in 2002 (and winning it all half of the time).

And this century, only the Patriots (6), Giants (2), Ravens (2), Steelers (2), and now Buccaneers (2) have won multiple Super Bowls. The Giants is the only other of those team with a losing record over that timespan. But they at least have 164 wins to 172 losses in that time, and that's despite going 18–46 the past four seasons.

Oh yeah, and the obligatory: Steelers have gone 217–119 (.646) since 2000. They have as many SB wins in that timespan as the 149–187 Buccaneers.
Broncos have gone 187–149 (.557) and have one win, but they at least won a couple just before the cutoff.
The Packers have gone 217–117–2 (.649) and also have one championship this century.

Last edited:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
So, now the Buccaneers - yes, the Buccaneers - are now the winningest team in the NFC South in terms of Super Bowl victories. Twice as many as the Saints.

Here’s a list of teams that the Bucs have either tied or surpassed in number of Super Bowl Championships:

Baltimore Ravens - 2
Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts - 2
Kansas City Chiefs - 2
Miami Dolphins - 2
New York Jets - 1
Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams - 1
Seattle Seahawks - 1
Chicago Bears - 1
Arizona Cardinals - 0
Carolina Panthers - 0
Atlanta Falcons - 0
Jacksonville Jaguars - 0
Houston Texans - 0
Cleveland Browns - 0
Cincinnati Bengals - 0
Detroit Lions - 0
Minnesota Vikings - 0
Buffalo Bills - 0
Los Angeles Chargers - 0

I think that’s all of them.

Who ever would have thought the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would be so high on this list? Top half of the NFL now.

giphy.gif

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

Don’t kid yourself, refs screwed this game. Those calls were horrendous. Two personal fouls and two big holding calls. None of those were fouls. A big game like this, you give some leeway. Ticky tack calls. Brady should have gotten the persanl foul not Matheiu. 11 fouls to 4. Some kept drives alive. Game was out of reach before the half. It was a bad Super Bowl.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dreghorn2

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
KC had their chances.

Some key drops.

Mahomes was hobbled and under pressure.
Kept some drives going with his legs, but Tampa dialed up the classic “bend, but don’t break” defense and kept everything in front of them in the red area.

KC made some real boneheaded plays and TB capitalized.

Todd Bowles deserves another shot as a head coach.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Brady at Foxboro 2021 should get decent ratings
Ya think?

I wonder who TB’s home opener will be against.

It’s going to be very interesting.

Here’s the thing I got to wondering last night:

Could NE have “loaded up” and surrounded Tom with the kind of talent he had in Tampa?

Reactions: LSCII

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Also, all of the pressure is now off Tom.

He’s truly playing with house money down in Tampa and doesn’t need to chase a title.

He can keep playing as long as he wants.

Say they go 11-5 next season and lose in the divisional round. It doesn’t damage his legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad