Patriots/NFL Off Season 2021 - Free Agent Frenzy II - Robert Kraft on spending: In business to win

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Agholor had a good year as a deep threat for the Raiders last season. Adds a dimension they needed

I’d imagine they aren’t done at WR, whether that be another guy in FA or the draft. They need like 3 bodies minimum if Byrd isn’t being brought back (he shouldn’t be). I look at this as a Byrd upgrade

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Ok, yeah, so I hate this one. Don't really have much else to add. Not sure he's a good fit for the offense and I definitely wouldn't have given him $10M, let alone $13M.

Reactions: LSCII and DKH

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
This is like when I play franchise mode on Madden except I quickly trade the players for picks and rebuild.

hopefully there’s an actual plan and not pressure from the top to win the offseason

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Gonna need to see the details of the contract and what the base/guarantees look like but on the surface that ones a bit rich for me

I do like the player though and he gives them a dimension they didn’t have

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017

Ok, yeah, so I hate this one. Don't really have much else to add. Not sure he's a good fit for the offense and I definitely wouldn't have given him $10M, let alone $13M.

I'm fine with it because the new TV deals kick in after next season and the cap will rise. 13 million for year 2 of that deal will be a bargain

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Gonna need to see the details of the contract and what the base/guarantees look like but on the surface that ones a bit rich for me

This. I initially thought Newton was getting 14m

Reactions: CDJ

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017

Yah, the contracts are never worth what is reported. He was on vet minimum last year. I always feel like he drops the ball, but stats-wise he's average and Edelman drops twice as many.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

Edit: damn, got beaten to the punch.

I will have to see if Agholor has his pan hands fixed completely. He had a decent year in Las Vegas, but we'll see if that stays true.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yah, the contracts are never worth what is reported. He was on vet minimum last year. I always feel like he drops the ball, but stats-wise he's average and Edelman drops twice as many.

he got that rep in philly- mostly because that one dude who went viral catching babies getting tossed from a burning building or something shat on his life lol

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

So here's the thing, my biggest problem with it is that it likely means they're not signing another top level WR, since I don't think they're signing two $10M+ receivers. Agholor might have been 10th or lower on my list of WRs I wanted. Signing him Day 1 just doesn't make sense to me. Guys like Golladay, Davis, and Samuel better sign for a lot more than that, otherwise I just don't get it.

Reactions: LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad